MRI scan tomorrow

The MRI went ok, it was a little unsettling but that was to be expected, wasn’t so keen on the thing they put over my head but don’t think anyone likes that experience!

During the MRI I was having lots of muscle twitching and ice-pick headaches which was quite annoying, I also felt a bit disoriented afterwards but expect that was because of the noise and vibrations - but other than that all fine. I was told it would take 20 minutes but i was in the scanner for 45 minutes, not sure if that means anything (probably overthinking it). I didn’t have any music but the radiographer were fantastic and talked to me in between each set of scans.

Now in limbo about my result, I called the MRI team and they advised the result has been reported, however it will go back to a doctors which I saw in hospital following a referral from out of hours, not my neurologist. I’ve asked the secretary to forward to my neurologist and have also emailed asking for my result sooner, not sure if I will get a response but worth a try. My GP is also going to call and ask for a copy of the result. Fingers crossed I’ll find out something ahead of 23rd, else I’ll have to keep myself super busy to try and stop thinking about it. Thanks for asking.

The consultant has emailed me back already

He said ‘I am glad to say your MRI head and Spine report is completely normal apart from some minor spondylitic changes in your cervical spine which should not cause any symptoms’

very positive to hear the MRI is normal but no closer to knowing where on earth these symptoms are coming from. Today for example I’ve had frequent muscle twitches, it’s like little twitches in various parts of my body, almost like a popcorn affect if that makes sense. Left pinky is numb and periods of tingling and pins and needles in legs and left arm.

So I guess I’m going to have to be patient and wait for the neurology appointment and take next steps from there

1 Like

Hi Lolili

thats great that it was clear (I know it is frustrating not knowing what cause is but to have a clear scan can only be a good thing). Just wanted to say I 100% know what you mean about twitching muscles - can be my legs, my arms, side of my hand… anywhere! Not all the time but I defo have a little each day! X

Hi Lolili.

So pleased your MRI came back clear and that your consultant had the good sense to email you to that effect.

How did you find the actual MRI?

Sorry though that you have to wait for more specific answers but hang in there!

Best wishes

Grandma x

Thanks Grandma, it’s great that the consultant came back to me so quickly however it turns out he didn’t give me all the information.

My GP called me as the practice has received the full report, he went through it in detail. No evidence of dissemination on my brain (great news) however I have minor spondylitis in cervical spine and each region of my spine has a number of bone spurs and mild narrowing of the spinal canal, he went on to say that it’s early onset osteoarthritis.

The GP said that the neurologist will go through in more detail when I have my appointment. I’m 34, never struggled with weight and never had any injuries, I’ve always been quite sporty and danced when I was younger so I’m really surprised by this.

Im not sure whether this is causing some of my symptoms as the GP indicated it could but the consultant who emailed me didn’t mention any of that detail. I wonder whether this could be putting pressure on my nerves resulting in the neuropathic pain and sensations.

Has anyone else had similar scan results?

I can’t help you there Lolili as I have never been given any detailed results of my mri scans, but I am so pleased that you were able to get through 45 minutes of scanning. That is amazing. Well done you !