Forum

Meds and alcohol

Would appreciate any info / comments on whether it would be ok to have a couple glasses wine when taking pregabalin 25mg and amitryptilline 10mg, both are taken at bedtime only. Pregabalin is new and amitriptylline is longstanding but to be discontinued slowly.( have never had any problems with limited wine and amytryptiine). Any advice gratefully received.

a little glasses wont be a problem, but for sure, you should ask professional doctor

Hi, Have a read of the leaflet that comes with the drugs and see if you can drink or speak to your gp.

Janet

x

Hi,

I take 2 x 100mg Pregabalin and 10mg Amitriptylene and have been fine when I’ve had few glasses of wine. I asked my GP and he said it was ok, as long as I was sensible and didn’t drink silly amounts. He said it would only be a problem if the Pregabalin was to make me feel sleepy, then alcohol would worsen the effect, but it doesn’t affect me in that way.

Fizzy x

Also meant to say if you have only just started taking the Pregabalin, it might be wise to see how it affects you before you drink alcohol.

Fizzy x

Thanx for those comments, seems its a case of sip it and see and hope I’m lucky enough to not be affected . Take care all of you x

Hi Wanderer, I take one of the 75mg pregabalin tablets at bedtime and have had no problems with consuming several glasses of wine too when I fancy it! x

Hi Wanderer, I take one of the 75mg pregabalin tablets at bedtime and have had no problems with consuming several glasses of wine too when I fancy it! x