Mean social worker .

I just needed to tell you all, you are all my friends on here. This last two months have been awful my adult daughter with autism has been poorly me and Lee have been run off our feet attending crisis meetings and my own health has suffered. I’m very anemic and feel run down. This afternoon I had a horrible social worker make me cry. She was so patronising and down right rude threatening to take my direct payments off me and make me have agency staff I trust my workers and need them but she tried to say that I wasn’t using my hours appropriately. I’m so sick of bullies that’s what she was. Thanks for reading Michelle and Frazer xx

Oh Michelle

I am so sorry to hear your daughter has been poorly, and then to top it off you get a social worker with no compassion, let’s hope she never needs help, cos karma springs to mind.

Is there anyone you can complain to about her attitude? Or ask to see a different one, one who at least tries to work with you and not against you. Having a debilitating illness is bad enough without having to cope with someone like that.

Sending you a ((((hug)))) to let you know our thoughts are with you, stay strong girl.

Pam x

1 Like

Thanks Pam your message really helps. I think when you are in a low place it’s easy to allow others to get you down. I wish I didnt need to rely on help but unfortunately I wouldn’t cope. I’ve got a social worker coming out tomorrow to assess my Care plan I hope she’s nice, my usual social worker is on maternity leave. She’s really nice, the duty one yesterday was a Dragon! Lee took the Phone off me in the end. She succeeded in making me cry though. Michelle and Frazer xx sent from my phone

lets hope the one tomorrow is nicer,i wont go on about what i think of social workers,only that there are some nasty,ones out there.Hope you have someone with you tomorrow when they come,can Lee be with you,hope so.

J x

1 Like

Michelle, I wish I could come round with an army to put some of these people in their place.

I’ve found a wide variety of support workers. Some have been a total waste of space. Some have been brilliant.

You have the full support of everyone here and if you need help we can give good advice.

Think about your friends, your beautiful family and the courage you have shown.

Steve x woof

1 Like

Thanks Jackie, Lees altered his day so that he can be with me tomorrow. Michelle xx

Thanks Steve, I love that you’d bring an army with you . She’s coming at 10 am tomorrow, do you think that you could bring all of your friends and relatives from Wallasey and lots of our friends from the forum ??? They’d have a shock Steve. Thanks for making me smile. Michelle and Frazer xx

Thats good,that Lee will be there,hope it all goes well.

J x

1 Like

Thanks Jackie, I feel nervous but Lee says it will be fine. I think not feeling well makes me more vulnerable. I’m scared because without my support I’d go under. I’ll message you later Michelle and Frazer xx

Oh the nasty little Hitler of a jobs worth!

They Lord is over us and dismiss our feelings in a trice at times!

I know like me you really need your carers and the very thought of losing them uts the fear of God up us, it really does.

And we can be scared to report them…thinking of you and sending hugs.

pollsx

1 Like

Thanks Polly, and everyone for your kind messages. The social worker they sent yesterday was okay, thank goodness they didn’t send the nasty one. She says they are not taking any hours of me so that’s a relief . I wish we werent at the mercy of unpleasant people when we are already dealing with so much and feel unwell.

Michelle and Frazer xx

Glad to hear it was good news Michelle.

Pam x

1 Like

Do you remember me having a meeting with my care plan manager recently?

Well I`d got all worked up thinking I could lose some hours.

Well The meeting went well and I was given an extra sleepover and hubby has applied for a new £20 allowance for carers, as part of a new Care Act.

So we do get good news sometimes, eh?

pollsx

1 Like

That’s Brilliant Polly, there are lots of good social workers out there unfortunately the one who aren’t great give them a bad name. Michelle and Frazer xx