Forum

Magenesium for spasticity

Just looking for some recommendations for which magnesium to take to help spasticity. I don’t suffer with cramps, but my legs get very stiff.

thanks in advance xxx

Hi Lisa. You can get a magnesium supplement Sainsbury’s, Holland & Barratt and other stores. I’m not aware of different compounds to choose from. Regards, Anthony

I take 400mg magnesium citrate for my restless legs. I don’t think chemists or Holland and Barratt have the strength we need but lots of people use the spray, but I’ve not tried it. Good luck x

There are lots of different compounds of magnesium, the one generally on sale is not the best form, here’s a list I found on the “Biotin for Progressive MS” FB page, just in case the link doesn’t work…

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10214348421369455&set=p.10214348421369455&type=3

Try Amazon for the specific compound that you think will suit you (they have capsules with mixtures of different compounds too - I never knew there was so much to it!)

I use magnesium citrate but also use the stray when i need it, i take sometimes up to 700mgs

Forgot to say i use the powder it is much cheaper

That form is a mild laxative. Be aware that several forms of magnesium are, that may be an effect that works for you, but definitely isn’t for me, if you know what I mean.