Mad, Mad World

I think the idea that Corbyn is going to be elected on Thursday is a bit, erm, hopeful, Hopeful.

I think it will be a disaster for everyone apart from the very wealthy in this country if the Tories get in again. Here’s a website to check what you should be voting if you want to avoid that happening:

http://www.progressivealliance.org.uk

1 Like

ha, at least the big fat idiot isnt or wont be in charge of our NATIONAL SECURITY like the wonderful and charismatic Diane Abbott who has had more crashes on T.V. in the last two weeks then they have in the history of the grand prix

Fair play at least she is consistent ha ha, who else has he to run his cabinet, bill and ben and the flower pot men.

Anyone who thinks the world will end if May gets in are seriously delusional. The wonderful JC WILL take us through the promise land, of milk and honey, everything will be free, we will all be singing around a fire and holding hands and smiling as Utopia is coming just around the corner… life will be good, its all going to be sorted HURRAH…

Kum ba yah, my lord, Kum ba yah!
Kum ba yah, my lord, Kum ba yah!
Kum ba yah, my lord, Kum ba yah.
O Lord, Kum ba yah

Someone’s crying, Lord, Kum ba yah!
O Lord, Kum ba yah

Someone’s singing, Lord, Kum ba yah!
O Lord, Kum ba yah

Someone’s praying, Lord, Kum ba yah!
O Lord, Kum ba yah

We will not have to worry about defence of our country, as JC will magically find 10,000 new people to join our police force, he will be able to make water into wine and share one fish with millions, its all going to be ok again as we go back to the railways being nationalised, back to the lovely smelly dirty carriages and trains which were constantly breaking down, and trains running so late, if you waited 24 hours the one you was waiting for the day before will arrive…BLISS.

Everything will be nationailsed so we will have to buy out with billions the french for energy and railways, and Branson for his railways and all the other private companies, they are going to sit quietly and allow it all to happen of course they are as JC has promised, he can do anything, he can even part the waters as he will be nationalising the water boards too…we will all be able to walk on water, and walk about with wonderful smiles on our faces as we are now going to have everything free.

Oh and one musnt forget the NHS, the MIRACLE of the NHS JC is going to perform a miracle and make it all better.

We will have a new NHS in five years so much money thrown at it, no one will have to wait for appointments and it will all run fabulous, where all the new doctors will come from is anyones guess buy hey he will do it, he has promised and a promise is a promise…no more waiting, its all going to be fab again, considering it was the red party that spent billions of wasted money trying to get a computer system to work lol…oh perhaps people have forgotten that little gem, and most of it was scrapped, those billions could have paid for the NHS to get back on its feet. Oh yes how much did labour waste on failed I.T. projects let me see…oh a mere…£26 BILLION…wasted but of course it wasnt their fault was it somewhere a long the line it had to be the tories fault it is always someone else’s fault…

And when the world war III turns up dont worry any of you, as JC and DA will make sure that when he puts trident into moth balls he will negotiate with the enemy and tell them dont panic Mr Mannering we do not have a button to press we are not going to attack you and DA will be muttering and mumbling about how we wont use nuclear deterrents as a lot of land will be destroyed the mumblings will go on for days as she tries to make her point… then all quite in the bunkers where the politicians hide in an attack and then the noise, the WHITE NOISE of the MONITOR SCREENS, making their weird hissing noise… and JC will stand there with shock on his face, as he realises he has no more people left to govern…but fear not we will have all left this mortal coil with the knowledge that we were loved and cared for and we enjoyed everything free for a few years…and it will be the people who all end up as dust, because all of the rich and big business men would have gone off to different climes and will be safe…as they were not going to be paying anymore corporation tax so took their businesses elsewhere…

So yes rejoice when JC comes to take over the land, i cant wait…its going to be so good…roll on Friday.

2 Likes

I’m in Scotland so I only really have two choices, SNP or Labour. As for me thinking he might get elected I realise that’s pie in the sky. That’s why I used the word miracle. Wouldn’t it just be great though, to wake on Friday morning with the news that the Tory bastar*s didn’t get a majority. Suppose that’s the best we can hope for. Well, I’m hopeful. Hopefully.

2 Likes

Oh CC, you little cynic you!

Walking on water is so easy that even a politician can do it - you just wait for it to freeze.

Geoff

2 Likes

The only agenda politicians have is to make themselves as comfortable and rich as possible, and will use anything to achieve this. They all piss in the same pot.

1 Like

“I warn you not to be ordinary. I warn you not to be young. I warn you not to be ill, and I warn you not to grow old.”

Neil Kinnock, 1983

“Plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose” eh?

3 Likes

Don’t forget to Vote Labour!

Somewhere over the rainbow way up high
There’s a land that I heard of once in a lullaby
Somewhere over the rainbow skies are blue
And the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true

Someday I’ll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
Behind me
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops
That’s where you’ll find me

Somewhere over the rainbow bluebirds fly
Birds fly over the rainbow.
Why then, oh, why can’t I?

If happy little bluebirds fly
Beyond the rainbow.
Why, oh, why can’t I?

Fay

1 Like

Cynic nay not me lol…love rosie. xxx

1 Like

Dont forget too if any of those terrorists were injured the other day they would have been fixed FREE through the NHS…and we wonder why the NHS isnt working, its because way too many people can use it, even murdering scum bags its nothing to do with governments who have ALL tried to fix it in one shape or form.

1 Like

Well fay if the labour get in we will all have a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, but will it be FOOL’S gold i wonder…

1 Like

I am going to vote for some more "campaign rhetoric " I just can’t get enough, and it is the only thing any of them seem to be able to deliver.

Mick

Harold Wilson fought to get the Open University set up so that people who hadn’t had the opportunity to go to university could get a degree. It may seem like a small thing, but it has meant a lot to many people in the 40+ years since the OU’s creation. (In fact, some years ago young student numbers at the OU went up because the tuition fees were cheaper!) We definitely need more like him.

Where’s the Monster Raving Loony Party when you need them!!!

2 Likes

Well, if you are voting Tory, remember to have a credit card with you when you have to go to hospital. It is their endgame after all.

2 Likes

It would be even nicer to wake and find:
1 - T May has a smaller majority than before she started all this. That would speak volumes for her judgement,
2 - Labour have lost more seats to the Lib-Dems. So much for Corbyn’s “leadership”.
3 - A big swing to the Green Party. That would make the two big parties pay attention to the public.

And above all, remember this:
No matter which party forms the next government, it will still be th same civil servants running the country.

Geoff

Yes, the OU was founded under Harold Wilson, but it was not his idea.

Wilson was also responsible for the devaluation of the pound in 1967, wrecking the British light aircraft industry (Beagle Aviation), at a time when they were poised to take a chunk of the world market away from the US), the screw-up over the purchase of F-111 aircraft from the US that cost us more than if we had taken delivery, and the “slag heap” scandal (look it up).

There was also a suspicion that he was a Soviet agent, and the military really had no time for him. I can remember being on an important RAF base listening to a discussion about the need for a military coup to overthrow the (Wilson) government, The circumstances were such that a wide range of ranks were present - from corporals up into the commissioned ranks. In my time in the Army (early '60s) such talk would have been treasonous, in the Wilson era, no one was bothered.

Geoff

I’m presuming from your first point you want Teresa May as PM but with a smaller majority. I’m hoping she doesn’t get a majority so at least some of her plans to punish the poor and vulnerable of this country may be tempered somewhat. Of course I’m probably out of step with the majority but heyho.

Wrong, dead wrong, Hopeful.

I do not want May as PM, I just think she is the lesser of two evils (from a national point of view). I would like to see her get a wake-up call, however.

Geoff

1 Like

[quote=Crazy Chick]Dont forget too if any of those terrorists were injured the other day they would have been fixed FREE through the NHS… /quote]

Yes, but note that the police saved the country the cost of a trial, and the cost of a lengthy stay in prison.
What gets me is that reportedly, it took several police “marksmen” around 50 shots to put just 3 terrs down.10 rounds should have been enough.

Geoff

I have a bad feeling about what’s going to happen today.

I think TM will get an increased majority and then she will have her goons going into the Brexit negotiations thinking ‘no deal is better than a bad deal’. In two years time we will have no deal. On the day we come out of the EU with no deal, all exports to and imports from the EU will stop, no flights and ferries will be allowed to land either side of the channel, Brits in mainland Europe won’t be able to see doctors or get prescriptions and the same will happen to Europeans here (if they haven’t all already left).

But my eighteen year-old paused before leaving to help get the Labour vote out, to say that I’m being overly pessimistic. Maybe he’s right (his bet in the family sweepstake on the election result: a 20 seat majority for the opposition parties - mine a 45 seat majority for the Tories).

I still won’t be staying up to see the results come in.