Election - not MS

Here’s hoping no-one suffers too much after the turkeys voted for Christmas in the election yesterday.

Neil

2 Likes

On the contrary… many wise men are feasting this Christmas!

2 Likes

can we not just see what happens, we might just be surprised.

2 Likes

Indeed. Positivity is the key here

1 Like

too right, that’s why I came off this site before, because lots of people were negative and also if you weren’t in the click you didn’t get s response to your question, I put 1 on this morning… and nothing, makes me thing I should have stayed off.

2 Likes

As opposed to those people who will go hungry as a direct result of Tory policies.

3 Likes

I’ve lived through many tory governments, and am now older and wiser. Be warned… Ben

1 Like

My nuts well and truly done in!

If elections are won by lies, we find ourselves governed by liars.

[Edited]

4 Likes

I myself have lived through many a conservative goverment, in the early days of our marriage 15% interest rates, but quite honestly this time I couldn’t vote any other way and that makes me sad.

1 Like

Thing is we know whats going to happen.My severely autistic grandchilds life will be even harder than it is now.Shes 7 and we have had to fight and fight for the support she very badly needs this last 5 years, and all because of the cuts this govt made.We had to fight for her a place in a special school because there are very few places in special schools.Its only going to get worse, if thats even possible.I lost my mobility car after been on indefinate DLA for 28 year and i now cant go out as my lifeline has been cut all because this govt choose to make the disabled and vulnerable suffer.I am not being negative this is our life and we have to live it and its bloody hard.When i was assessed for PIP i was made to feel so bad after it i had panic attacks and was ill for weeks so yes you might say i am negative,but i think i have a good enough excuse to be negative.The stories i could tell of how special needs families are treat and have to live would make your hair curl.We get no help what so ever with my grandchild.Its disgusting the way the govt make us all out to be liars because of a small minoity that milk the system.But you have to be in our position to even begin to understand.

3 Likes

We had a choice between the devil, and the deep blue sea, and i’m not sure which one won. I’m not any lover of JC, but to end up with such a big Tory majority is the worst thing that could have happend. Boris now has a completley free hand to do whatever he wants for the next 5years, I can’t understand why so many people were so dead set againsr having a second referendum, or peoples vote. Ok i understand they think we had voted to get out of the EU three years ago, so the Govt should give us what we wanted … But 3yrs ago did everyone understand what they were voting for. Even now it can’t be agreed whether Brexit is a good or bad thing, but with the information we have now, we deserve the opportunity to change our minds. Afterall over the last 5yrs we’ve been asked 3 ti,es in General Elections if we’d change our vote, and nobody said, you made up your mond once, and now you have to live with your choice. On the bright side, i’m 66 now, i’m probably not have to worry what the Tories are going to do to my Country, as much as the 16yr olds.

1 Like

why do you have to be insulting… TURKEY’s. a lot of turkeys actually must have voted for Tory.

If your a labour voter it is a shame more didnt either bother to go out and vote and thought it was a done deal, or they didnt like their leader.

whether we like it or not, it was a DEMOCRATIC VOTE, and tory one by a LANDSLIDE…the worse performance EVER from LABOUR since 1935.

Either way whoever got voted in we would be facing some changes some good and some bad.

I have no idea what is going to happen to be honest no one does, a lot of the election sadly was ruined by media, they ruined it for corbyn that is for sure. I dont believe all the rubbish about him and if there were loyal supporters of him neither would they but obviously they did believe all they read, as the shocking thing was all the losses for labour up north.

so lets just see what happens. we survived the mess after gallighan in the seventies and i am sure we can survive a term of boris.

I for one do not read the scaremongering hype shoved about by the far left, they actually did no justice to their own leader and I think ruined it for him sadly.

I would never insult someone for voting for any party. Turkeys really…not necessary. OH AND MERRY XMAS.

1 Like

I tell you what gets on my boobies is the assumption that we as voters did not understand about the EU and must be thick etc. what happened in this country is the peasants decided to revolt…as simple as that. The normal man and women were sick to death of being treated as idiots.

THEY voted with their feet. A lesson to be learnt do not mess with our DEMOCRACY. that is why labour lost and swinson is no longer…

the peasants didnt have to riot in the streets instead they used a pencil. end of.

2 Likes

I have lived through many labour governments too James Callaghan comes to mind.

MERRY XMAS TO EVERYONE, lets be positive and see what happens. I have my turkey ready and the stuffing, even as a poor pensioner, i used my 10.00 bonus to buy it.

2 Likes

I think the way this country voted yesterday says people DID NOT want a 2nd referendum, we voted 3 years ago, the thing is remainer’s don’t like it, ask yourself if it had gone the other way, ie remain in the eu, how would you feel if leaver’s had been asking for another vote, you wouldn’t have wanted it. Like I said in my earlier post, let’s try to be positive, we might just be surprised. Have a good day and merry Christmas

3 Likes

Good morning Greenhouse.

I voted to leave in the referendum. Because i believed all the old jingoism that Britain could be Great again. We didn’t need all these ‘johnny foreingers’ holding us back and costing us money. And for a long time i argued exactly like you about the need for another vote. I use to say the same as you … if the vote had gone the other way, would i be wanting a second chance. But after what has happended over the last 3yrs, i’ve learned, leaving isn’t just a simple matter of handing back the keys and walking away, there are so many consequences to rake into consideration. Even now all the ‘experts’ still disagree whether it’s going to be a good thing for us, or a bad. When i started to thing that maybe i’d made a mistake and voted wrong, was when the bosses of so many of our biggest companies were saying, if we left, they’d sell-up and move to Europe, taking thousands of jobs with them.

We’ll have to wait and see. I hope i’m wrong. But the one thing i am sure about is, i don’t trust Boris.

3 Likes

52% of yesterday’s votes went to remain parties!

3 Likes

Crazy Chick, you’re very lucky to already have your turkey ready. After 10yrs of Tory austerity, there are thousands who can’t afford one. they’ll be hoping they may get an extra tin of beans from the foodbank. And thousands more even worse off, homeless and without even an oven.

4 Likes