Forum

Mad, Mad World

People, 2017, are we are seeing a way of life coming to a end, going back to the days of our ancestors, just of few years ago riots in various cities, today, we see atrocious acts in the name of religion, then a certain party leader advocates “what” with the we must fight fire with fire speech, does he wish the morons to take revenge on innocents due to their colour, their nationality, a policeman admits on television they can’t cope, that police from all over are being drafted in to London, hey are over stretched, over worked, underfunded, nurses on television say the NHS is over stretched, over worked underfunded, head teachers on television say grammar schools are not the overall answer, are thy all commies, reds under the beds, is the “strong” leader maggie may and her cohorts telling fibs, we are all in the land of milk and honey, NOT just the top 5% of the population, ordinary folk want the Great back in Britain, but for that to happen, we don’t need a strong leader for a strong brexit, we need a Labour government of old, a government for 100% not just 5%, we must stand up and be counted, we must care for all not just me, me, me, the weak and the strong, the rich and the poor, the young and the old, the born here and the immigrant, UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL, Brian

5 Likes

Yes we all need to get into a time machine and go back to the wonderful ways of the late sixties and early seventies i cant wait…

2 Likes

aaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

1 Like

Good idea. Lets go back to a time when young people could afford to buy a home, or get a Council House, and had decently paid jobs. The gap between rich and poor was significantly less too and we had a much more equal society, so not all bad news.

4 Likes

Oh yes. The 1970s in particular were an idyll of togetherness and harmony, weren’t they? The land was flowing with milk and honey… well, apart from chronic industrial and social unrest, blackouts, piles of rotting rubbish in the streets, galloping inflation etc. How I miss those good old days when a person could be proud to be British!

Alison

2 Likes

There must be a halfway house between the rubbish in the streets, power cuts, riots of the 70’s and the current situation where we have working people relying on food banks, heat or eat, rising homelessness and a growing gap between the haves and have nots. I would settle for any leader who looks to address these issues and it ain’t flip flop May. I believe that Corbyn wants to do the right thing but not sure the establishment will let him. Who cares if he looks like a demented geography teacher. All this crap about him being weak in the brexit negotiations is a smoke screen. Horses for courses, if I was voted in I would get the closest thing to a Rottweiler I had in my cabinet and give them a mandate to negotiate with the final decision taken by those with the most expertise and knowledge. What Teresa May wants everyone to think is that not only will she negotiate a win win brexit deal for Britain but that she will do it whilst simultaneously curing all known diseases, rid the world of terrorism, and possibly even walk on water as an encore. Saw her on TV saying that we are not tough enough in combatting terrorism. She was the person responsible for that very thing for the past 6 years and, during that time, managed to rid the streets of 20,000 police but not that many terrorists. Unfortunately, I believe a lot of the population have bought into the whole “May good, Corbyn bad” rhetoric bandied about by a media with its own self interest at heart. I would love to be proved wrong but I fear that is a forlorn hope.

2 Likes

I have always voted Labour until this year I saw a ‘Momentum’ member (the left wing of Labour) with a ‘T’ shirt on. Written on it was ‘If your white and old you should be dead’.

Until Labour get Lisa Nandy or Chuka Umunna as their leader; forget it. If Corbyn gets in he will have Diana Abbott as his Foreign Secretary; that’s frightening.

George

1 Like

Not as scary as the alternative.

2 Likes

Given the fact that either Corbyn or May will be Prime Minister on Friday morning I’m worried that people will decide Corbyn ain’t the guy and will lend their vote to someone else which, in other words, is a proxy for May. When that happens, god help the elderly, the disabled, the poor etc etc. In fact, anyone who isn’t part of the elite. But, I fear that the British people have been fed bullshit by a largely right wing media for so long that many just believe what is written and the more often you write something the more believable it becomes.

2 Likes

That’s what I fear. I’m not looking forward to Friday morning one bit :frowning:

Johnson isn’t scary; he’s just a big fat idiot. Just look at Merton and Hislop taking the piss out of him on HIGNFy.

George

2 Likes

Yip, that’s one of the big fat idiots who will be making decisions which affect all of us from Friday morning. That’s scary

1 Like

I suspect that the ‘big fat idiot’ is an act. One which he plays up to, but I wouldn’t trust the guy as far as I could… erm…spit. He’s not a buffoon; very intelligent man, although not a nice one. I won’t be voting for him or any of his cohorts… it’ll have to be tactical voting for me, depending on who will be able to do the most damage to the vast Tory majority in our rural constituency.

1 Like

I live in an area that’s so strongly Conservative that the other parties don’t have a snowball’s chance of being elected. I’m not normally a Labour supporter, but I won’t vote Conservative on principle because of the way they’re treating various minority groups, not to mention the mess that’s been made of the NHS, education, etc.

There never were any “good old days”, but I’m pretty sure that things weren’t as bad as they are now not so very long ago.

2 Likes

At least we had good music in the sixties :slight_smile:

1 Like

Come on guys this is potentially our new HOME SECRETARY…I mean really we are in a high security zone now, and we want this women to be our HS…give me a break…

She hasnt got a clue, and is totally car crash T.V. Read the comments lol.

JC simply has no cabinet they all left or will leave and i wouldnt be surprised if we dont have a splintered party.

2 Likes

Yeh great music to listen to with our candle light lol…the country was run by the unions not by the PM we want to go back to the likes of Harold Wilson and James Callaghan wooppee doo da JC is made from the same mould.

2 Likes

they didnt make a mess of the NHS they ALL had a hand in it, and lets be fair the NHS is not fit for purpose it is nothing to do with any particular government its just so overstretched as too many people are using it. So the answer is to just CHUCK more money at it. They are always chucking more money at it, what it needs is ALL the parties to sit down and do a think tank TOGETHER and work out what to do with it. No one can do much in five years and it needs sorting out to a certain extent but dont forget even if its got issues WE HAVE THE BEST HEALTH CARE IN THE WORLD AND ITS FREE.

I live in a labour party area per se, and JC couldnt even be bothered to turn up at a special rally that had been booked for weeks, cancelled at the last minute so he could show off on BBC debate, when he SPECIFICALLY said he wasnt going on it and neither did MAY, but JC had to make a point to show her up. He actually upset a lot of good honest labour followers who wont be voting for him now, and he gave up on a rally in BRISTOL TOO. The man needs to grow up.

3 Likes

MORE CAR CRASH T.V. and they want her for Home Secretary is this it…god help us all…

I actually agree i might have voted labour if Lisa or Chuka was leader I am quite impressed with him actually we need a young PM to take forward not go backward we have been there we need to start a new labour before i actually revert back to them.

1 Like

It will be interesting to see whether, if by some miracle Corbyn gets elected, how many of the Labour big hitters will suddenly find that it’s ok to serve in his cabinet. They are all pragmatic politicians after all. I’m not a huge fan of where the Labour Party are at the moment but it’s far more preferable than being lorded over by an Tory party which is hell bent on destroying our freedoms and hard fought for rights.

4 Likes