Lemons

Hi

A friend of mine insists on drinking 2 litres of warm water with the juice of 2 lemons per day. She says she feels a lot healthier all round. She has RRMS. I googled it and it says it boosts the immune system which I thought was not what we wanted to do with MS? Any advice/opinions please? Thanks everyone, Steve x

hi

i dunno re boosting the immune system but have heard its good for our systems generally- a good kick start in the morning-a cleansing. i would guess that the water itself helps with that on its own. my mum has been doing it for years…

when i saw the title i thought this was going to be about the tale that when life gives u lemons then make lemonade! will see if i can find that…

ellie x

found it but i dunno how to put it on here-easily found in a search!

have a good day all-i am currently on couch feeling a bit ‘tender’ but need to get ready cos going out for lunch with about 30 other women-carer will be here shortly to assist me

ellie x

Hi, Lemons have an alkaline effect on the body which is good, plus I think it also clears out the bowel. I’ve read quite a few things about how drinking water with lemon first thing in a morning is good for you. Probably a good idea. Heather

That’s exactly what I thought, I used to know someone that would just put a slice of lemon in their mug before pouring hot water from the kettle into it :slight_smile:

Sonia x

Sounds a bit rough on the tooth enamel! Alison