Leg Jerking

Hello

I’ve had about 3 hours sleep last night due to my legs jerking, I mean really quite powerfully, as I was dropping off to sleep and a couple as I was waking up so I assumed this happened all night.

I’m not sure if this could possibly be a new symptom or because I’m now on 10mg of Amitriptyline that I have been taking for 3 nights. Have never been on these types of tablets before, so I’m not sure, I know it’s giving me dry mouth and dry eye.

I also feel quite shaky today, although you can’t see it, but that could just be tiredness? What do you think?

I really hoping this doesn’t happen tonight! Feel quite distressed about it - even though it’s quite a minor symptom, is it common to have a new thing nearly everyday? Or at least that’s how it feels today

Hi,

This is one symptom I can really relate to, it used to keep me awake all night long. I used to go down stairs in the wee hours of the night, tried sleeping on dining room chair, the settee and even sitting at the table with my head on it. But it didn’t stop. Once dx I was put onto clonazepam and now I sleep and nothing wakes me up. I still get the jerks during the day but no where near as bad as they were. So don’t despair, ask your ms nurse or doctor. There are loads more drugs out there that could help you, some may agree with you and some may not but they are worth a try. I wish you luck and a good nights sleep.

Janet

x

Hi, I am not yet dx and I have had the shakes for few days now, they feel like frightened shakes in hands and internally making me feel on edge too! I had the shoulder jerks night before last too, so last night resorted to sleeping on my front to see if it helped… And all I remember is a really restless nights sleep. I do understand where your coming from and I do wonder if these are being more noticeable for us due to heat??? Kirsty

Hi, I take 75mg amitriptyline and 30mg baclofen and 300mg quinine (that`s some cocktail, eh?) at night to ease the jerks and nerve pain and spasms. It works about 80-90% of the time. I know when you are new to amitriptyline, it can make you woozy in a morning.

It can take some getting used to, but I hope you get a god night tonite.

luv Pollx

Hiya from the dry mouth angle it can be a real problem but someone on here suggested boots dry mouth spray £2-55 a bottle but worth its weight in gold.

The doc prescribed 2 different ones and they were so vile they made me gag. The boots one is lovely and minty,I recommend it to anyone with a dry mouth

Pip

Ooh thanks for the mouth spray tip, it seems to be getting a little better how ever I have 1 dry eye which is driving me nuts! Feels like I have something stuck in it - still least of my probelms lol

And my sore throat which I flapped about turned out to be … a sore throat.

I think some days my head/emotions are the worse.

Ooh thanks for the mouth spray tip, it seems to be getting a little better how ever I have 1 dry eye which is driving me nuts! Feels like I have something stuck in it - still least of my probelms lol

And my sore throat which I flapped about turned out to be … a sore throat.

I think some days my head/emotions are the worse.