it`s finished (not MS)

Afternoon mateys!

Well do you recall i was making a quilt?

It`s finished and is waiting for a pole to hang it on the wall behind our beds.

I feel I have really achieved summat good! I designed it from scratch and had some much needed help from my sis and hubby, as I can`t get on the floor to spread it out.

It is about 4ft sqaure. Made up of 8 and 4 inch squares, with a few long narrow strips of fabric and hearts in the middle. There is a mixture of colours.ie pink, red, lilac, blue, purple.

Sis embroidered the names of our 4 grandchildren on each large heart, then mine and hubbys names at the top and Ruby Wedding with a glass heart shaped jewell in the middle. I used 2oz wadding to puff it out and zig zagged around the squares and hearts. I couldnt find any backing fabric big enough…so I cut a pale duvet cover up…can always get another!

I asked hubby if he had a 5ft pole in the garage…make of that what you will…

I have sewn 5 tabs to hang it by and I finshed round the edges with red satin.

Its bootiful! Im gonna hand it down the family…an heirloom!

Right, what shall I make next…???

luv Pollyanna

xxxxx

What? a medieval…now that is going too far…wonder how long it took to complete the Bayuex Tapestry…no sewing machines back then!..

but honestly, it didn`t take very long…a week or so…but I did struggle getting the right bits under the needle of the sewing machine.

Thanks for your reply.

luv Pollx

Wow, it sounds fantastic. Well done. Cheryl:)

Well done and congratulations Poll, it sounds wonderful, you must put up a pic for us lesser mortals to drool over!

I agree with Rapunzel, something depicting ancient battle or something Shakesperian next, very English. Your family will have a fantastic heirloom to pass down through the generations, feel very proud of your achievement ( and no mention of the 5ft pole either!!!) I have been feeling awful for quite some time now but this has given me a real lift, though I try NOT to feel sorry for myself!! Thank you.

Keep as well as you can Mrs. Nimble Fingers!!

Luv, Dawn. xxxxx

Congratulations Polly - what an achievement. Good idea using the duvet cover - l have bought two before now - and made tab top curtains from one to match the bedcover.

The little school where l go for yoga lessons has a Bayeaux Tapestry going around the wall of the school hall. lts very distracting as you keep seeing things you have not noticed before. All the horses and soldiers are appliquied onto a hessian backing. On one wall they have a hanging depicting Christ. But it looks more like Demis Roussos - complete with a big frock -not that the children would know who he is. l couldn’t remember Demis Roussos’s name just now - so l googled ‘fat greek singer with high voice’ his name did not come up - but ‘castrated boys to sing in choir’ the shock of that made me actually remember the name.

You have a heirloom now - hope there will be no arguments over who gets it.

lf you can’t find a wooden pole - how about apiece of copper pipe - you could shape the ends.

Frances.

HI Frances, ta for your reply and well done you…going to yoga classes.do you do it in a chair or are able to get on the floor?

Had to laff about your way of finding the name of Demis Roussos!

luv Pollx

[quote=arkady]

Well done and congratulations Poll, it sounds wonderful, you must put up a pic for us lesser mortals to drool over!

I agree with Rapunzel, something depicting ancient battle or something Shakesperian next, very English. Your family will have a fantastic heirloom to pass down through the generations, feel very proud of your achievement ( and no mention of the 5ft pole either!!!) I have been feeling awful for quite some time now but this has given me a real lift, though I try NOT to feel sorry for myself!! Thank you.

Keep as well as you can Mrs. Nimble Fingers!!

Luv, Dawn. xxxxx

[/quote

Hi Dawn, many tas for your reply. Mrs Nimble Fingers…ha! Hey they were sore with all the pinning thru several layers.

Gonna try something with triangles of different fabrics next. Havent a clue as to how to show you a piccy, tho.

luv Pollx

Hey Poll It sounds really wonderful, you must be really proud of yourself! Well done you! It really is an heirloom. I’d love to see it - can you post a pic somehow? Good luck with your next venture. Teresa xx

well done poll

it would be lovely if we could see it, its a shame we cant share pictures xxxxxxx

mandy

It sounds amazing Poll.

I’m not very good at making things but a few years ago I started knitting squares (I say squares but they’re all sorts of shapes!!! lol) with the intention that one day I will have enough to put them all together and make a blanket :slight_smile: Not sure when that day will come but I keep knitting lol

Char

xxx

Hi Poll

I am going to say congrats too. It does sound fab and you should be very proud of yourself,

All the very very best m’dear

Lovexxxx

Whose a clever girl then.

It sounds abolutely fantstic and you should be really proud of yourself. What a lovely thing to make and then can pass it down. Well done you.

As a few people have put can we have a picture??

What was G’s comment about the pole!! As if you have one hanging around the garage??

Well done you. You deserve a chocolate for that

C x

Well done Pollyanna!!! Sounds beautiful…

Pat xx

Hi Polly you clever person, the quilt sounds lovely. Perhaps you should start a little cottage industry. Xxx

Hi just wanted to say congrats well done.

Congratulations Polly.

I made a quilt when my husband was working abroad and my daughter was three. I made it for my daughter’s single bed. I did it by hand as I didn’t have a sewing machine. It took me a year :slight_smile:

The quilt is twenty one and parts need restitching but it’s still loved.

Jacqui

xx

How lovely…I do a lot of sewing/knitting/crafting…only at the moment I lack concentration. It feels so good when you’ve actually ‘made’ something.

Well Done again. Can we not post pics on this site then?

Wendy.

Hi Very well done.

Ive recently started knitting again (basic skills) and attempting to make a bed thow.

Im knitting mixed colour squares and sewing them together or at least thats the plan. I find that it helps relax me, but I also like having a goal.

Good Luck for you next project - All the Best - Equus

Many, many thanks to everyone has has replied and given me lovely comments about my quilt making.

Also, it`s great that some of you have similar kinds of hobbies too. We need to do something to pass the time, eh? Good luck with all your projects.

Sorry, I have no idea how to put a piccy on here for you to see.

luv Pollx

Well done Poll

Cosy, cosy, cosy now

;-))))))) Mary