cushions

By way of distracting myself and now you from the obvious goings on…Im making cushion covers....some are square, some are oblong......they are in a variety of colours...I bought a load of fat quarters.....No, thats not where a Sultan keeps his larger ladies!

Ive made 10 since 3 weeks ago.....theyre getting better and I might even ask Durer Inc, if he`ll back me in flogging them!

Boudsx

I remember when you were doing patchwork, so you must have got a machine since then! Enjoy the making.

Alison x

Well done Boudica. I took sewing up when I was forced to retire from work and love it. I haven’t mastered patchwork, I struggle with the precision it needs. I also make cushions and like making bags. I’m going to have a go at making basic clothes while in hibernation though I’m not sure how they’ll turn out.

Last year I was challenged to make a camel costume to fit a goat for a church nativity. It could best be described as amateurish so you can imagine my horror when it was shown on our local evening ITV news. I know it caused a laugh at the live production as I was helping behind the scenes for a few hours. I suppose if it made at least one person smile it was worth it.

I wonder what they’ll challenge me with this year as they raised a lot of money for the food bank so I think they’ll do it again, depending of course on what happens with isolation laws by December.

Well done with the patchwork.

Cath

This is inspirational to read. I just like to write. The challenge is to avoid the same old same old. Two Christmases ago I made mince and apple pies and gave them to anyone I saw homeless in Liverpool. Illness has stopped me repeating this feat but as Arnie said: “I’ll be back.”

Steve

1 Like

Yesterday cushion is my best date…so proud of it! It is black/grey/white…small flowers on front, chevrons on the back and 4 strips of varied fabrics across the front from corner to corner…took a lot of work and pins…even got a dot of blood on it!

Alison…Im using the same sewing machine Ive had for a long time. It`s a smashing Singer.

Boudsx

1 Like

Just goes to show how long we’ve both been here! Hope you are OK

Alison x

Well done Bouds best to try and keep occupied. I am no good at sewing but have been knitting and crocheting for the babies unit at local hospital for years, and glad to say I have plenty of wool in my cupboard to keep me busy.

Stay safe

Pam x

1 Like

Ive just nicked a cushion off the sofa, cut it in half and re-covered it...its pretty…green spots with pink roses and then a green check in the middle, cinched in to make a waist and a pink button on one side and a green one on the other. Nice!

Got the other half for tomorrow!

Hubby says to leave his sofa cushions alone or there`ll be a severe penalty…oh no, not the attic again!

Boudsx

1 Like

That’s brilliant, I’ve just ordered some seeds to plant in grow bags , we have a big garden but I usually plant near the back door. It’s amazing what hidden talents we will discover whole we are locked up . Michelle and Frazer xx

1 Like

Today`s cushion cover was more of a challenge…it didnt go exactly as planned but not bad…

Boudsx

Don’t lose heart Bouds, if you don’t try new things you’ll not find new skills.

Cath

made 4 smaller ones yesterday and today. I cut an 18x18 cushion pad into 4 so more to do!

Theyre cute. Theyll all be going to charity when this chuff is over!

Boudsx

2 Likes

That’s a lovely idea Bouds, the charity will be so pleased to get the proceeds from tiur lovely cushions , it’s a shame that you couldn’t post some pictures of them , I’d love to see them xx

I dunno how to put pics on here. They are all on facebook if you ever go there.

Boudsx