Is it just me

For those here on these forums, hello, everyday someone new joins, welcome to them, but for every new person, how many have left, is it because they, like me, are bored with the never ending sameness of questions and topics, this, and all the other society forums are a necessity and a godsend and, for some a lifeline, and for the volunteer moderators they are another godsend, but surely the forum doesn’t need to be so boring reading, it seems, if you are on, on a Sunday, the same page is on if you came back on a Friday, we may have a question to ask, but we (I) like to discuss everyday happenings, whether local, national or worldwide, to debate, to have a laugh, MS has taken a lot from us, this tory party has taken a lot more, please leave us something to put a smile on our face, a bit of banter, Brian

hiya brian

may i suggest something?

life and how people live their life is changing so rapidly its scary! there are several ms support group options out there all operating slightly differently but theres also greater choice in general. eg speak with ms nurse, local groups, face book, instant ways of interacting (which younger folk seem to prefer)

this is an ms forum so i think its based around ms! if you want to discuss politics/different breeds of dogs-rules re snail racing/the weather etc etc am sure that you will find a suitable platform for it somewhere.

on here does get repetitive and with good reason i think! we may have been here a while but its all new to some and we all remember those initial scary days and i hope we can offer some reassurance (in our many unique ways) to others.

for me i havent been on here regularly for ages cos i am a tad poorly myself but i try to pop in and put in my tuppence worth when i can (like now!)

ellie (who wonders if theres a website suggesting what i can do with my box of plastic straws?!)

4 Likes

How about building a model of the Forth Bridge with your straws.

You wouldn’t have to paint it either!

why is it people have to drag in politics to posts… now that turns me off straight away. i.e. MS has taken a lot from us this TORY party has taken a lot from us… (hate that). I agree with choco orange this is a support community for people seeking answers and help. I joined it years ago when i first got sick and before they changed the format. Sadly when they did that i lost a lot of great buddies. wilma flintstone (who i found on facebook) and others i cant remember their names now. we all lost our log ins. There is a young person asking us to complete an interview to help him with his A level project perhaps you could answer his questions? I dont find the comminity boring at all. I am on facebook and now well hell thats boring full of moaning and groaning and not so very nice pictures. I have posted my blog and some of it was stories and fun, and hardly anyone comments. So when people try to make it different it doesn’t work. I belong to several MS groups and this is actually one of the better and kinder communities.

1 Like

You could go on brain fog it’s a thread that has been going for a number of years, it’s just plain silly but funny they don’t do politics in a serious way.

Kay

I dont class myself as a"bore", in fact dare I say it I think I’m a fun guy, at least I try my best , everything considered.

I dont break dance at parties anymore though which I really miss

Anyway, the only reason I joined up here is to ask, read, take tips, offer advice (if I can), express my feelings/anger with MS ect ect ect.

Politics, MP’s, debate, worldwide issues, blah blah blah !!! I got my own big bloody issue to worry about, M sodding S. Hence why I joined this site.

For what it’s worth, I consider politics to be part of everyday living and this is particularly true when you consider how this inhumane Government treats disabled people. What kind of country have we become? Try asking a disabled person | Frances Ryan | The Guardian

I suspect you would have liked this site about fifteen years ago, because it was like the wild west on here at times. Yep, I still miss it.

1 Like

whammel

ah the memories-tavish, woblyboy, hazelwah but need to look forward not back eh?

I think you must have met most of them on your grand UK tour and sure a spot of reminiscing is ok in moderation. Who can forget Dartford?

1 Like

It may be a part of your life politics Whammel its not a part of mine. No way. My brother is so wound up about politics i am surprised his knickers dont snap lol. He is so stressed over politics. Why what is the point to getting stressed over it? they are all the same all governments go in with promises and false smiles and then once they get in they have amnesia.

I NEVER watch the news nope. I have no idea what is going on and you know what its bliss lol.

I go by what is happening to me. I am 67, disabled and SHOCK HORROR i live a nice life, i have a good government pension I get full PIP, my GP and neuro all treat me with respect i have the best health care in the world bar none. Its all free. My friend in the usa is having a terrible time as her insurance has run out now until next year and suddenly all her DMD are stopped.

Nah i am ok and so are all my family and all my friends. Non of us are hungry.

Oh and before you start i actually sponsor a lovely girl in Kenya i pay for her to go to school and i pay the social services the money to pay for her family rent which is a whopping £19.00 a month (5 of them live in one room)if her father is out of work. I look after all my elderly neighbours in sheltered i have helped 2 already find a new flat through the bidding system, help another lady with her laptop, and a girl in devon i have helped her set up a food bank. Instead of me moaning about governments i do something to help.

I love this country shock horror again. We have freedom to use the Internet and join groups like the MS society forum, think on a lot of countries are restricted.

If I can help someone on here I will but if i want to moan about governments I go to Digital spy and do it there where its appropriate. I have enough poop to deal with right now without listening to constant moans about how bad the country is.

especially when i dont see the same world lol. Maybe those who look for it, see it. I told my brother you make me laugh you go on holiday THREE times a year, have paid for your own home you had surgery on your knee and now can walk and still you are not happy.

I just wonder no matter how good peoples lives are they just want to see the black ring around it.

Now there you go a party political broadcast by crazy chick who is now waiting for the government to change so we can all live in EUTOPIA, and the land of the free with milk and honey…

Now i bet that gets someone going lol…

heres a chicken joke.

A man was driving along a freeway when he noticed a chicken running alongside his car. He was amazed to see the chicken keeping up with him, as he was doing 50 mph. He accelerated to 60, and the chicken stayed right next to him. He sped up to 75 mph, and the chicken passed him. The man noticed that the chicken had three legs. So, he followed the chicken down a road and ended up at a farm. He got out of his car and saw that all the chickens had three legs.

He asked the farmer, “what’s up with these chickens?”

The farmer said, “Well, everybody likes chicken legs, so I bred a three-legged bird. I’m going to be a millionaire.”

The man asked him how they tasted. The farmer said, “don’t know, haven’t caught one yet.”

4 Likes

I am intensely relaxed about your political opinion and delighted to hear you are content with your lot. My concern is with the poor and disadvantaged, who have been treated appallingly by this unnecessarily cruel Government. I doubt you will be convinced by the damning UN report, but here it is anyway.

4 Likes

Oh blimey. I read Brian’s original post and thought, hmm not going there.

But to be honest I see both perspectives. Mostly nowadays on the Everyday Living we talk about symptoms and just lifestyle stuff. You could call conversations about the bloody DWP political in some ways, but that’s more of a general bitch and moan about how the politicians who make the policies and the legislators who draft the regulations don’t live in the same world we do. (Crazy Chick, I note your comments about the DWP and the NHS and also your own commitment to helping those less fortunate than the British. Sadly there are many people living in the same system as you who are really badly struggling with DWP restrictions and crazy policies, as well as people having to fight the NHS for help.)

And then there’s Brain Fog. But we are really very silly on there, it’s definitely not the place for genuine exchanges of views and any political discussion.

Yet we are living in a time which screams out for political discussion. Maybe what we need is a thread for such conversations? Just like with Brain Fog, those uninterested in such exchange of views could simply ignore it?

I have become politically very lazy compared to how I was in younger days. But have been far less so in the last 6 months or so.

There is a saying, claimed to be, but probably not Chinese in origin, used by Chamberlain and RFK, ‘May you live in interesting times’, sadly I think we are living in such times. Perhaps we do in fact need an outlet for our thoughts on these times?

Sue

(And did you see, no one has used the word Brexit at all?)

1 Like

thank the god of wine and gin that you didn’t mention the “B” word Sue.

it means a lot to me.

small acts of kindness bring good karma.

carole x

Not B for Boris lol…jeez god help us LOL.

1 Like