is it just me?

Hiya everyone, hope you are all as well as can be. I am starting to feel like MS has stolen my life can my identity. I an trying hard to keep positive, but i can’t help but feel like i don’t know who I am anymore and that i don’t have much of a life. Does anyone else feel like this, or am i the only one? thanks, love Bex xxx

Hi Bex, although I feel whatever this ? illness is, I am still me…but with a twist. A twist id never have chosen for myself, but I cant change that. I don`t want to waste good energy trying to be who I used to be.

Once I finally get my label, I`ll know fully who I am then.

Just like in our former lives, we are all unique and deserve a good life.

That goes for you too, Bex.

luv Pollx

Bex, our lives are certainly not the same as previously, however, once we manage to find the ‘new’ us and find new things we are good at, like doing, plus a few new friends along the way, life becomes worthwhile again, and one with a future.

Im sure we each reach a time when we feel all is lost, but believe me it is not. It takes time, but look around but instead of seeing the drab dreary bits, look at the flowers, the beautiful birds, people walking their pets - in fact people watch. I realised over time as you will that we are each living our own stories, and its up to us to fill the pages full of excitement, joy and happiness where we can get it. Until that time, plan, then take action. Things are achieveable and waiting to be discovered. Please dont despair, its a stage we all reach however it is possible to turn it all around again and live!

Sending you love & support, together we are strong.

take care,

bren

x

Hello Bev,

It really made me feel quite sad that you feel the way you do. Life is for living even though you have a nasty disease, you will come to terms with what you can and cannot achieve, just take a look at the paralympics and you will realise. There are hurdles we have to get over but think of it as a challenge and find a way round it. MS hasn’t stolen your identity, you are just hiding it, let it come out again and enjoy being who and what you are.

Sending you (((((HUGS))))) to the person you are.

Janet

x

Let’s be honest - m.s. generally b****** things up for us. Life with m.s. is not as good as life without m.s.

Thanks for your comments. I just feel totally lost, and have no idea who i am. I can’t do all the things I used to be good at, i’m not able to work either. I spend most of my time sleeping and feeling like i’m just existing and not living. I would love to have more of a social life, but i can’t because i can hardly walk, and I’m not allowed to drive. I really wish I could get an electric wheelchair so i could go out, but i looked into it and they are so expensive that i could never afford one. A manual wheelchair would be no good because i don’t have anyone to push it for me. So, doing the things i love, remain just a dream, oh well xxx

Hey Bex

Long time no see hear! Sorry to hear that things aren’t going to great for you right know. As to the problem of the electric wheelchair, do you have a dedicated wheelchair service? If you do then you need to ask either your MS nurse or your Gp to do a referral for you so that you can get assessed.

Andy

Hi Bex, it’s always lovely to see you on here (and we don’t see you nearly as often as we should), but I’m sorry to hear you are feeling so down.

Here is the link for the MSS grants… for wheelchairs!!! Why don’t you apply for a power wheelchair so you can get out and about!!!

http://www.mssociety.org.uk/ms-support/practical-and-financial-help/work-and-money/grants

Worth a try eh? If anyone deserves a grant, you do. So fill in the form Bex!

Sending you my love and big ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Pat x

Bex, the form is not online, you need to phone the MSS grants team on 020 8438 0700.

Phone and get a form eh? Or you can get one through your local MS branch if you have one.

Good luck hon,

Pat x

I read your comments and you are not alone! I wonder if there will ever be a cure in our life time? I’m male, 56 married with one wee girl, 9 year old. If you wish, I could give you my phone number.

Sorry, if your number begins with 01, 02, or 03 - I can get them for ‘FREE’ - I’m with SKY - YOUR CHOICE (oh and I’ve had MS for over 13 years!)

Thanks Pat, i will ring them tomorrow. If it has to go through your GP, i won’t have any hope of getting one though, cos my GP is about as useful as a bucket with a hole in it lol. It’s hard to get the help you need when you don’t have any medical support. Will give it a try though. I would so dearly love to get out and about properly again xxx