Forum

I told them I was ill

Urine test came back clear, read the next instalment here

http://disableddon.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/blood-tests-reveal-infection.html

I am going to have a well earned nap. Speak later

Don

Sorry your so rotten Don, I had to start antibiotics today for a urine infection too! Hope we will both soon be back on track!

Fun and games !

Nina

Hi Don

Well you don’t do things by halves do you? Really hope the antibiotics work and you feel much better quickly.

Nina, hope your antibiotics kick in soon and you feel better soon.

Drink plenty both of you.

Pam x

1 Like

Don what a palaver and if only they’d listened to you in the first place!

Good news though surely it means that when this infection is killed off you will be feeling much better. Let’s hope so!!!

Great blog. Amazes me how you manage to keep a sense of humour in the most dire circumstances. Think you should be in the Queen’s birthday honours so we could call you Sir Disabled Don.

Isn’t it Spike Milligan who has on his headstone ‘I told you I didn’t feel well’… LOL… luckily they’ve found the gremlins in your body Don… hope you start feeling tons better soon.

Pat xx

2 Likes

Another enjoyable blog Don, though maybe enjoyable isn’t what you were trying to achieve. “Well written” might be more appropriate! I hope you’re feeling better now. Like you I find it frustrating when people don’t listen… We know our bodies much better than they do, which is probably one of the reasons it takes so long to get a dx.

Nina I hope you feel better soon too, rest and fluids they say, but the antibiotics play a big part too.

Take care both of you.

Cath x

2 Likes

Thanks guys feeling much better but back in bed now writing this.

Nina hope you soon get rid of your IT I.

Pam I am feeling better each day.

Pat Spike allegedly phoned my Dad asking how come all the turf he sold were three feet by one foot did my Dad grow them in boxes? So maybe I got infected at an early age my parents passed away fifty years ago!!!

Cath I feel as if I am drowning

Don

2 Likes

Glad you have such a good GP Don. Hoping you feel better soon. Being poorly in the current sticky climate must be pants.

Snowqueen

2 Likes

Hope you get well soon Nina.

Snowqueen

2 Likes

Hello Don,

I thought you might be poorly id noticed you hadn’t been on the forum, and had missed your cheerful comments.

I hope that you are on the mend now.

Michelle x A big wave from me and Frazer xx

1 Like

Great blog Don, hope the meds have worked their magic. You too Nina hope you’re better soon.

Jan x

1 Like

Michelle thanks band can you give Frazer a big hug from me.

Snowqueen I was treated by her husband but he has retired ironically due to ill health. She is great so caring.

Jan the meds are doing good

XXX Don

2 Likes

Thanks Snow Queen,

I get them an awful lot and have done since I was 14. I’m relatively lucky in that they always start in exactly the same way so they are easily recognized…if I get on antibiotics immediately they are usually gone within a week but if I have to wait for tests as Don did then it can be three weeks to a month before they go.

Take care,

Nina x

2 Likes

Thanks Pam,

I always drink masses of fluid…juice or water…and I’ve come to the conclusion that I get these wretched UTIs after a day or maybe two when my routine goes haywire or I just get muddled and simply forget to drink as much as usual!

Have you seen the dr yet about the possibility of antidepressants? Hope you’re coping?

take care of yourself,

Nina xx

2 Likes

Yes Spike Milligan did have that on his grave stone Pat

Nina xx

3 Likes

Thanks Don,

Luckily for me I didn’t have to wait for the results of my sample before starting the antibiotics so I’m sure I will be on the mend soon…I find it shortens the infection immensely if you can start them quickly…poor you Don…you’ve waited so long…I really hope they kick in very soon.

I second what Pat says…you’re blogs are great and I too cannot imagine how you keep you’re sense of humor!

Take care Don,

Nina xx

1 Like

Thanks Jan

Nina x

Hi Nina

Yes, I have seen him, got the tablets and started, he did tell me they would take a couple of weeks before you begin to notice a difference.

I am also going to see the clinical psychologist, so they are doing all they can, the rest is down to me now, and just talking about it makes me feel more positive.

Keep drinking and get rid of that nasty uti, take care.

Pam x

1 Like

Don, best wishes mate. Keep on getting better.

Kev

1 Like

Over five years ago I had a bladder infection which was treated successfully with antibiotics. An elderly friend suggested that I should take glass of warm water with a teaspoon of honey and a capfull of cider vinegar in it daily which I do. I’ve never had a problem with my waterworks since!

Stephen

2 Likes

Hello Don,

Frazer says thank you for the hug. and he’s glad your feeling better WOOF WOOF !

I hope you don’t mind me asking but has anyone ever taken Vesicare ? Its supposed to help with the night time wee’s, . shamefully the commode was very much needed… i’ve taken a couple but feel worried…i know they are there to help with urgency but i get scared they might stop me going.

Thanks Michelle