I think I have MS, but it hasn't been confirmed yet :/

I’m a 20 year old girl and when I was a newborn baby I had major surgery on my aorta valve. I had an MRI of the aorta about 6 months ago, which they told me was just so they could check everything was still fine (I recently transfered to a new hospital, and this was the standard procedure). Everything seemed fine with that, and I didn’t hear anything from them for a couple of months.

Then, about 8 weeks ago, I recieved a letter from the hospital saying that the radiologist had noticed abnormalities of my spinal chord during the scan, and they wanted to do another scan of my spinal chord to check. I looked into what abnormalites of the spinal chord were, and MS seemed like the most likely problem. For the last few years I’ve experienced tingling and numbness in my legs (I just thought it was bad circulation), worsening eye-sight, and increased fatigue.

When I went for the scan, they had been told to focus on the upper area of my spine, as presumably that was where the first scan had found the abnormalities. I was in the scanner for an hour and a half, and when I got out, the radiologist told me that they needed me to come back and have a dye injection, and that they needed to scan the rest of my spine.

Does this sound like the usual tests for MS? Sorry if I sound a bit paranoid/hyperchondriac, but from my research it seems as if I do have MS, and I’m finding it difficult to come to terms with this.

Hello, oh please dont jump the gun with an MS verdict!

It could be many things and also something that can be sorted …well I am hoping so luv.

I know how easy it is to get info on t`internet and to blame our problems on this or that.

Let the medics do their work and hold on for an answer.

Even if it is MS, life can still be good…but lets deal with that once we know for sure, eh?

luv Pollx