I’m new to this forum

Hi!
I’m new to this forum so will introduce myself:
I am a 69 year old mom of 3 adult children and grandmother to 9 grandchildren ages 8 months to 18 years old. I am a retired
psychotherapist and have been diagnosed with MS for 45 years, *emphasised text*although I had symptoms years before that. I was first dx with relapse and remitting ms, but the past 5 years dx with secondary progressive ms. In many ways I’ve been fortunate. After exacerbations I have bounced back to base line. I was able to raise three children, work 5 days a week for 11 years teaching preschool and then when that became too physically difficult, I went to graduate school and became a licensed professional counselor. I loved all my jobs and raising a family. Now i’m retired along with my husband. Unfortunately I can no longer drive and need to use a walker for a scooter. You’d think by now I’d know everything about MS, but still have questions about symptoms etc Hoping this forum is helpful. I’m taking Ocrevus infusions every since months.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum. People are very helpful on here. 45 years with MS is a long time. Good to hear that you’ve had a good working life despite the MS. I’m sure you have plenty of experience you can share with others.