Hello all it’s my first post here

Hi all, I was diagnosed 3rd February 2000. (21 years ago), 6 months after giving birth to my beautiful daughter. I was 29 years old and coming to terms with the diagnosis and a baby was great fun! I have RRMS and now at the grand old age of 50 can honestly say I’m thankful for the support from my MS Nurse, neurologist, family and friends, it’s not until your mobility declines that you realise how much they are needed. Would love to hear from you all xx

2 Likes

Hello, I was diagnosed in 2014, am 52 and also had a daughter at age 29. The MS is stable on tecfidera, finding menopause more challenging!

3 Likes

Hello. I read your post and thought, ‘gosh, you’ve had MS for a while’ before remembering that I was dx in 2000 as well. :slight_smile: Yes, declining mobility is a bummer, as is the rest of the MS show, but we might as as well make the best of it and be grateful for the lovely people who help us though. Lots of reasons to be cheerful on a beautiful Spring day like this!
Alison

2 Likes

Hi I’m Liz I was diagnosed in 2017 but they recon I’ve had MS for over 20 years but it didn’t come to light until I had a big relapse, I’m on Avonex and feel good i still manage to work full time in adult nursing dementia which I love, have also took up hiking with the company of my amazing son who is a paramedic and ASM.

1 Like

Oh your MS also celebrates its 21st this year? You are so right Alison, it’s the little things I’m grateful for especially brighter days like today. Hope you’re keeping as well as you can xx

Menopause is a real treat isn’t it? Hope you’re keeping as well as you can x

1 Like

Hi Lisa,

Were you seeking advice on Employment Law. I was preparing a reply, but your post has disappeared. If you require advice, just reply and I’ll do my best to help you. I’m a qualified Welfare Rights Lawyer and have dealt with lots of employment cases.

Looking forward to your reply.

JimmyMac :grinning:

Hi Lisa,

I was diagnosed at 46 with R/R MS in 1986, but had symptoms earlier. I’m now 80 years old with secondary progressive MS.

I saw your post on employment advice, and was in progress of replying and then it all disappeared ??? Teething troubles perhaps on this new forum ?

If you’re looking for advice on your employment problem, I’ll be more than happy to assist you.

JimmyMac :grinning:

Hello Everyone,

I’ve never joined a forum so not sure how this all works. Reason I joined here was in hopes to be able to get some insight. I am 37 yrs old and my husband is 36. My husband didn’t grow up with his dad so we are not close to him. What we do know is that he’s been living with MS for over 20 yrs. My husband has always had the fear of getting it; it’s going on 3 weeks that he’s been saying he feels like his left leg has been giving out when walking or even just standing. He’s also mentioned slight numbness and can’t wiggle his leg around as easy like he can his right leg (he’s described it as ‘dead weight’). We don’t want to be thinking the worst or jumping to conclusions, so I’ve been insisting that he sees a doctor that way they can start getting him checked out.
I guess my questions to anyone here with MS is how did it start? What were the symptoms you started to see/feel that made you go get checked out?
I’ve been trying to get my husband to talk to his dad to see if maybe he could tell him about his experience, but I don’t think he’s comfortable enough to talk to him about it so I figured I could start here. Thank you :pray:

Mine started with double vision and then numb, bouncy feet a few months later. I went to the gp about my numb feet and eventually they referred me to a neurologist. Most of the relapse had gone by that point but they could see signs of MS on the MRI scan. Diagnosis can take a long time but worth talking to the gp to start the ball rolling