I don`t belong here.

!!! Mine ‘F’ is not so silent at times Moira!!

I did not post the Fs as anonymous - I believe that if you do not put your name to a post, you should not write it.

just look how long this thread has got…mention leaving and we`re up in arms!

decided to stay then Scudge?

pollx

I think it’s time I called it a day on here too. For a while at least. It is depressing and/or downright irritating.

I’m finding my fuse is shortening more and more, when I’m reading some posts. The endless, “is this ms?”, “do you think I have ms?”, “my neuro says it’s not ms, but I think he’s wrong! what else could it be?!” posts. I’m sure some of these people actually WANT ms!! The posts from people with mental health issues looking for a distraction on this forum. I can’t read them any more.

The “I have an itchy nose” posts(!), I mean, seriously???!, the “one sided hug” posts, the “everyone else is mental except me. I’m surrounded by spongers/losers/ drug users” posts, the “nobody understands me!” posts. I am now at the end of the line. Some of these are bordering on ridiculous. I can’t always ignore them and my response will no doubt either pi$$ people off or get me reprimanded by the moderators. So good people, I too shall sign off and join the others, the “Missing”. I may pop back some other time.

Adios amigos.

5 Likes

hi Pops, hope I catch you before you pop off!

Everyone who first encounters what could turn out to be serious health issues is frightened…clueless and downright filling their keks.

I know I was back in the last century.

There are repetative questions, because everyday another hundred people will wake up experiencing something alien to them.

If it were not for this forum I would`ve felt worse many a day.

And if ever I can offer support or advice to someone who is floundering, or even on the brink of giving in, then that`s justification for being a member.

If it has become boring, rediculous, or whatever for you, then you are doing the right thing by saying ttfn.

adios!

pollsx

4 Likes

Image result for hit the nail on the head gif

1 Like

OK Scudger and Poppy, understand completely, this forum is not the same any more used to be many more light hearted posts I was going to ask a question, did anyone watch The big bash? what good fun that was, Bumble and Freddies ’ karaoke’,Nasser even joining in! and Lego masters on channel4 or as I’ve seen it called The Great British Make Off, brilliant stuff kids and adults competing equally, it has inspired me to buy some architecural lego, will pass it on to nephews and maybe niece(s) when they are old enough! Poppy been saying exactly the same as you for months now, but I don’t think I post enough for anyone to notice if I never posted again!

Alison,

take care of yourseves!

1 Like

Poor blooming neuros eh?!

we don’t all get on-rightly so cos it would be weird if we did but we still expect them to get us all!

its all down to luck-every goddam thing in this life!

enjoy it all folks!

ellie

2 Likes

I like the fact that there are a good number of the experienced people who are ready to say the same thing to the worried undiagnosed. For a long time I avoided the new/un-diagnosed because I didn’t want to keep reading the same thing said in different terms. But Poll is right, it’s a bloody scary place to be when you don’t know what is happening to you. So I give a bit of attention to people who just want someone to say, yes I understand. And you may have or may not have MS. And here are some places where you may find answers.

Yes there are some people who are here trying to get attention. There are also people with whom I don’t want to communicate. There are others who I count as friends. Some are people who I know it we met in person we’d probably get on, some maybe not so much but there are many on here who I would miss if they weren’t in my life. Just to mention a few, Poll, Anthony​, Tracey, Ellie, Mick, Mim, Carole, Frances, Alison, Derek, Fay, Min, (not forgetting Tina either) the list goes on and on. There are many more of you who have shared part of their history, their experience, their lives.

Anyone who feels the need for a few weeks, months or years away but who wants to come back to us, you will always be welcome. I understand particularly if you are still getting your head around shitty MS or in fact are wondering if that is what you have at all. Or are just needing a break from this forum. And if you don’t come back, just know that you have all helped other people just by being here. Just by sharing yourselves with and giving your time to strangers. And I thank you for that, both for myself and on behalf of all the others with whom you have been generous with your time.

Sue x

10 Likes

And as hall and Oates (I think) put it…like a square peg in a round hole, I don’t belong here baaby…

horses for courses I guess, I like the forum, sometimes it gets addictive, sometimes I need a break, but I have received a lot of positivity and laughs along the way, and I don’t read the obviously irritating ones, depending on mood etc …

3 Likes

Absolutely love that Sue. Summed up to perfection. My Grandad always said ‘strangers are friends you haven’t met yet’ never a truer statement for this forum, bottom line is we all have different things we can input, new members or old, but between us all we can help each other out. We are a community, brought together by a communal link. I would not cope half as well as I do without it, life’s a lot more bearable & I love you lot. I’m going nowhere xx

4 Likes

I was going to start ignoring this thread but I’m moved by the force of positivity that it’s turned into.

Thank you guys, and I’m proud to call you my friends.

Anthony

2 Likes

Is that a little tear Mr D?! In the words of Patrick Swayze, Ditto x

Hi Poppy,

I’m echoing Polls’ reply.

Our forum is for everyone, regardless of how ‘trivial’ you find certain threads. If you find certain threads irritating or that ‘your fuse is shortening’, I’d strongly recommend that you simply do not click on such threads, or take a break as you mentioned.

We’re very lucky to have a welcoming community and a strong core of members who offer invaluable advice and support to members who may be frightened, worried and concerned - we want the forum to remain a friendly, informative and supportive space, and mentioning particular threads that you do not ‘agree’ with goes against our community guidelines, which I for one would take offence to, should I have posted one of the threads in mention.

As moderators, we’re not here to reprimand anyone but if we feel our community guidelines are breached then we have to be reactive to this.

Thanks,
Oliver

7 Likes

I do love a positive force, and if we can’t support each other what is the point. What’s trivial to one can be very eye opening and helpful to another

2 Likes

The truly outstanding feature of this forum has always been the willingness of other MSers to share information and long may it continue.

5 Likes

Totally agree, we are called a community for a reason & everyone is equally important, nothing is trivial.

3 Likes

Good, so that`s that sorted then!

pollsx

2 Likes

Well, that’s told me then. Thank you to those that I made a connection with. There are some very lovely people here. All the best. Over and out now.

Hi Alison, sorry but no, I didn’t see any of those progs.

But I did watch and was so enthralled by Trust Me. Did you see it?

It was superb!

Pollsx