Forum

How is your day going?

Pros: Urinating seems to have eased up a bit today and is easier, general ok mood, feeling festive finally

Cons: I gave up drinking but had a few beers with a friend yesterday, so my walking is a bit awry and legs are weak, very tired, dropfoot is back with avengence

6/10?

I’m not sure this is in the right place (I hope it is) Just hoping you’re all doing well today :slight_smile:

Yes Dave …it’s the right place! Glad about your pros …sorry about the cons though! I think drinking sends a few of us a bit haywire, the moon turns blue nowadays if I have a drink! My pros…well, I’m up! Walking not too bad. Cons …headache…mega stiff and ache all over! Thoroughly knackered! Not sure what marks I’d give myself out of ten though…is 1 amazing and 10 terrible …or is it the other way around? Enjoy your day, good to see you back on here, Best wishes, Nina x

Morning/Afternoon all

Today? Only crawled out of my pit about an hour ago (that could be considered a pro or a con!!)

Pro: I am not exhausted today, and have relaxing day ahead. Hoping to jump on my exercise bike later. I have my final night of alcohol tonight before I give up for at least 3 months .Nina, you are right about how it messes with us:(

Cons: MS didnt miraculously disappear overnight . . and, like Dave, drop foot is dragging along .sigh.

Hopefully a pro: I have placed my weekly bets on, so this time tomorrow I will be a millionaire !!!

Have a great day my new friends

Flopsy

Ah I’m sorry to hear about your headache and the stiffness :frowning: I’m going through a bout of optic neuritis and that’s giving me a few aches and pains. I think 10 would be amazing and 1 terrible :wink:

In any case I hope you feel better soon, it could be worse, stay positive! x

I’m with you on the negatives today, my body aches and I feel stiff.

The positives - my balance and concentration seem to be doing okay.

I’m having a lazy day too. Have a couple of presents still to wrap but I’m procrastinating, sitting playing with my kindle. I’ll do it later, tomorrow’s another day, no rush.

Cath xx

Started new meds for spasticity today (Dantrolene sodium) so feeling a bit weird but on plus side have mooched around all day reading and watched a Harry Potter film this evening, followed by Strictly and despite not voting, my favourite won :slight_smile:

Feeling it for those of you with the foot drop, my right leg is so heavy today… I have no idea why but I’ve had 2 letters this week for physio appointments 12 days apart?! Hopefully a step in the right direction, not a mistake :wink:

Sonia x

Hi

One of the pro’s of my MS (ok the only one) is that I no longer get hangovers :slight_smile: Although my friends got me a badge saying ‘I’m not that drunk I have MS’ as my balance completely goes out of the window and I look like I have been on an all day session lol

ruth x

Hi

One of the pro’s of my MS (ok the only one) is that I no longer get hangovers :slight_smile: Although my friends got me a badge saying ‘I’m not that drunk I have MS’ as my balance completely goes out of the window and I look like I have been on an all day session lol

ruth x

Haha I need one of those! I’m lucky in the fact that my friends would rather come round than hit town these days. But even then walking to the toilet which is usually a 5 second journey takes a while so I just don’t drink now. Need to get one of those badges!

I was in a pretty busy pub on Friday in Reading town centre, so when I said I needed the loo my husband pointed to the side of the bar and said he’d seen there was a sign for a disabled loo there… I was the only person I’d seen with a walking stick so as soon as I walked down the side of the bar, the barmen said “ah, you’ll want this” and handed me the magnetic key - perfect!

Sonia x