How dare I?

Good Morning everyone.

Saturday September 6th 2014.

How dare I, get dressed up, go to a wedding, meet lots of people, have nice food and drink, stay up late, take photos and not even menton my condition once.

Oh how it tried to make suffer yesterday. All because I had the temerity to defy the beast. The very beast which likes to dictate every aspect of my life. Well I ignored it for the whole weekend. Despite its petulant little efforts I still managed to get on the tall stool and cook a chicken curry.

Best wishes, Steve.

2 Likes

Hi Steve

Good on you! Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Beast 0 Steve 1.

Personally I had a rubbish day yesterday. Had the audacity to work an extra day last week and have my daughter and boys overnight on Saturdayā€¦

Came down to earth with a bang yesterday. Beast 1 Mags 0.

Hope you manage to beat it today.

Mags xx

2 Likes

Hi Steve, well done you!!!

I have a theory that when we have to do something we can get through it on adrenalinā€¦ but MSā€¦ well you call it the beast but I call mine the elfā€¦ gives it less powerā€¦ anyway beast or elfā€¦ HATES adrenalin so gives us hell next day. Sometimes itā€™s even more cunning and will wait a few days before punishing us!

Good for you for insisting on having a good timeā€¦ and cooking chicken curryā€¦ mmmm yummy!

Get lots of rest nowā€¦

Pat xx

1 Like

Hi Steve, Blumin Brilliant may there be many,many more days like this one.

Pauline xx

1 Like

Well done that man

1 Like

I love that, really really love that!

What a weekend Steve, tame the beast even if it is for a few days at a time

Polly xxx

2 Likes

Well done Steve!

never ceases to amaze me what we can achieve sometimes when the adrenalin kicks in! Like Pat, I too have an elf not a beast!

anger also does it for meā€¦for a short time after something makes me angryā€¦I mean really angryā€¦I feel so stong and capable again. It is greatā€¦if only I could bottle it!

hope you can carry on in the same vein.

nina x

1 Like

Well done Steve, sounds like you had a good weekend and I hope for your sake that the beast doesnā€™t come back with huge fangs and bite your bum (or chew your entire body) this week! I forced the beast to take a holiday at the weekend to let me clean my living room and the hell hole under the stairs but itā€™s arrived back roaring loudly, hence Iā€™ve been up since 04:30 with my skin on fire and aches and pains in areas I didnā€™t know could hurt.

It was worth it though so I still feel that I won. Cath 1 Beast 1/2.

Take care

Cath

1 Like

Good morning,

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement. I think itā€™s important to voice our achievements. I can put two lines from Paridise Lost together; ā€œthough in pain, vaunting aloudā€¦rolling in the fiey gulfā€ Whether Iā€™m an apostate angel or not is another matter.

Best wishes, Steve.

2 Likes

Sounds like a fab time Steve, and youā€™re so right, we need to be proud of these sort of achievements, which to most people would just seem like part and parcel of every day life ( and would have done to us before ā€˜The Fallā€™). Brilliant!

So this morning I have been got up and dressed, sat on the loo, had a bath, and now Iā€™m sitting waiting before I go off to the dentist. Pretty run of the mill, as a day goes, but I know Iā€™ll feel a sense of achievement this evening.

1 Like

Thumbs up from me Steve, and yes its important to tell about achievements.

Pam x

2 Likes