holiday abroad suggestions please

hello folks, could anyone suggest a holiday location in the sun that is wheelchair friendly stanley

Miami Beach is handicapped accessible, particularly the Lincoln Road pedestrian area, which leads from the Alton Road cinema almost all the way to the beach. You can google it for hotel ideas–at many hotels you don’t have to leave to enjoy your vacation. The sidewalks of the Deco District are also accessible. With one caveat: People drive too fast there. So you want to cross safely, with the stoplights.

Puerto Mogan on gran Canaria is perfect. I’ve been going there for years, and now a wheelchair user, it’s just ideal. On the level, mainly pedestrianised. A small ish town built around a working fishing port, small beach and marina. Check it out on Tripadvisor :slight_smile:

Go on a cruise around the Med

When I was still able about 9 years ago, I went to Torremelinos. I only had a bad knee then so it had to be somewhere flat. It was great. Warm, flat everywhere, majority of people were English, all pavements slabbed, the whole of the area parallel to the sea was paved widely. I loved it.

The cleverest thing I found was a gentleman in my hotel who was in a wheelchair. He goes there about four times a year for two weeks. On the day before we all came home, he had all that he had worn taken to the launderette up the road. They washed everything and pressed it and packed it nicely with covers. It was delivered to his hotel where he put it in his suitcase ready for the next trip! He said it cost next to nothing.

Can’t remember how long the transfer was but it was a short journey. You could specify rooms on the lower floor if you were disabled. It was very relaxing.