Help

Hello

This may sound really stupid but I was wondering if I am going crazy…

I have always had good dental hygiene, I brush my teeth twice a day and floss.

In the past year since I have been put on 20 pills a day and Interferon, this is twice as many pills as I was on 2 years ago.

I have been getting holes in my teeth… its really horrible and depressing at 30 years old and no dentist seem to want to help me. Just say oh keep it like that, you look after ure teeth so they wont get worse.

They say that then another couple of teeth did the same thing. I am wondering if low immune system can course this as the dentist said there is nothing there that could of done it. Said its a mystery. I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else and what they did in the same boat?

Hi Moogle,

I’m exactly the same, last week I had to have yet another filling replaced My dentist recommended that I now see the hygienist every 3-6 months just to help prevent any potential infections.Like you I’ve always had good dental hygiene too…

For my dry mouth my GP prescribes Salivix Pastilles which is a natural sugar free salivary stimulant. They do help and I use sugar free mints / chewing gum and keep drinking (not booze I hasten to add…sadly…).

I wish I knew what the answer was…I definitely think it’s all connected to my health in general and some of the meds I’m on. I was on interferons but they didn’t agree with me so I swapped to Copaxone but I’m coming off that now and being monitored for 6-12 months dmd free

Dry mouth can exacerbate tooth decay so it’s worth seeing your GP because he can prescribe sprays, pastilles or mouthwashes which may help.

Good luck

Debbie xx

I gave up with prescription dry mouth stuff and use what someone on here recomended. Boots dry mouth spray £2.55 and tastes really nice.

Pip

I’ll give that a go Pip, thanks for that

Debbie xx