help please 'RE dla

I’m in the process of taking my mobility back in January, so it’s had it’s MOT today, but I’m in a bit of a quandry as my dla finishes in September 2013, am right in thinking I would need 12 months before I can have another mobility car, will I have to ask to be reassessed?

Al

I have never faced this conundrum as I have an “indefinite” award. I checked on the website though and it does say that you have to have 12 months of award remaining but in January you will only have 9. Ummmmmm – The best thing is to ring Motability and see what they say. Not having a car until September doesn’t seem much of a solution but then asking for reassessment early is pants too. (Especially as the new assessments will probably be PIP)
Sorry that I can’t help more

Jane

I have just phoned mobility up the man I talked to was lovely he’s extended my mobility car by 6 months in mean time I should have been reassessed by DWP, it’s such a relief, he told me the 6 months is not set in stone, so if I Get word tell lying me my dla is being approved I can order a new car before the time is up, all I have to do is phone them up to let them know. Weight off my mind I had a terrible night last night all sorts going around in my head,

Al

So glad you got it sorted. I have always found the people at Motability to be very helpful and sympathic which is which is why I suggested that you ring them. Just relax now and look forward to your DLA renewal LOL

Jane