Heatwave Britain

I don’t want to rain on anyone’s parade - no pun intended but I was totally stopped in my tracks but this week’s extreme heat. Early this morning with thunder rumbling overhead and the rain coming down in torrents, I was so thankful for some respite from the heat. But it did mean I was stopped from going out - I don’t mind the rain but my wheelchair stops working if it gets wet! Do hope you all feel easier now the heat has gone away for the time being. I used to love the heat but now different story. Stay cool. X

2 Likes

For years the heat never affected me, but the last 2 years it’s been a nightmare.
My sister, who also has MS has always suffered in warm weather, but I used to go away on hols to hot places without any issues but as I said , over the last 2 years things have changed big time.
I also find as well that sudden chills also has a negative effect, the warm weather/heat totally drains my energy and leaves my legs totally useless, the cold weather/chills leaves my legs very rigid.

1 Like

Heat has always made me tired, but my MS means that heat and humidity wipes me out. I try not to bleat, I already moan too much about cold, wet or windy weather. Todays drop of a few degrees did put a smile on my face.
Stay well
Mick

1 Like

Hi Essie,
I don’t like the heat either, drains me too.
Used to live in a very old house with thick walls. So cool in the heatwaves. Now in a modern house. Windows wide open to create a breeze.
We need the rain to water the crops and fill up the reservoirs.
Winter will be here before we know it and we’ll be wearing extra layers and sheepskin boots. ha!
Jen x

I don’t like the heat. I don’t like the cold either. I hate rain. And snow. Actually I think I’ve got it in for weather generally. A nice calm steady temperature, not too much of anything would suit me. A kind of ‘vanilla’ weather.

Sue