Heat and a cold is rubbish!

Wow, I am struggling!

I have been suffering quite a bit with this heat and I’ve had a stressful week with my daughter in hospital. .

For 2 nights in order to stay close to her I slept in the car…well I say slept, more like lay there worrying. It got really cold in the early hours and I’ve now got bassically a cold, and its horrible!

But the exasperated symptoms from the heat are being made increasingly worse by this bloomin cold.

I ache so much, my joints and stiff and painful, I feel as though I’m carrying an adolescent elephant around with me, I’m very wobbly on my feet. I have to keep blinking to get focus. And I’m so sos tired, slept for 2 hours this afternoon which is very unlike me.

Is it normal for a cold to make everything flare up if i do have MS?

Thanks for taking the time to read this

Mandymoo xx

hi mandy

i have found that changes in temperature make me feel rubbish. so you’re experience of stress, worry, sleeping in the car, being freezing and then getting a cold sound absolutely par for the course.

(i have ms)

hope you are feeling better

carole x

Hi Mandy,

Infections, colds and illness in general can exacerbate symptoms just like the temperature and stress can. So yes, worrying about your daughter, sleeping in the car and having a cold to boot is definitely enough to make you feel worse.

Try to rest as much as you can and look after you too - be kind to yourself.

I hope you start to feel better soon and that your daughter is okay.

Debbie xx

Hi Debbie

undiagnosed but when I got flu my symptoms went beserk. Got all my parasthesia back, really painfully (I couldn’t sleep), brain fog just quite disorientated. You need to get yourself a good nights rest.

Have you spoken with the hospital. Sometime they will put up a bed for next of kin/relative to stay. At least then you could be closer to your daughter and get some proper rest.

Is there someone who could go and be there with her whilst you have a few hours sleeping at home to get some proper rest? I knwo you want to be there 24/7 but it won’t help her if you fall ill too.

Look after yourself. Hope your daughter gets better soon too.

Reemz

X

Thankyou guys for you replies!

My daughter is home now and on the mend after having her appendix removed. The problems and stress arose when she was in recovery which should have taken 30 mins but instead it was 9 hours. They couldn’t control her pain and because of the rediculously high levels of morphine etc she kept stopping breathing…extremely worrying.

But, she is back home now and on the mend…hooray!

I still feel exhausted and am finding that I’m falling asleep in the afternoons. I dont like to as I wake up very moody but I guess I need to listen to my body.

I have my LP on the 15th June. Does anyone know if I’m feeling like this when the appointement comes if it’s still wise to have it done?

Thanks again for all your replies and support, you’re all lovely!

Mandymoo x

I understand how you feel about your daughter. 18 months ago one of my sons went in to hospital for an emergency appendix removal. It turned out that his intestines had ruptured. He had to have one quarter of his large bowel removed and one tenth of his small bowel. He was in ICU for 24 hours afterwards too. I have never been so scared in all my life! He was subsequently dx with Crohn’s but is fine now! Sorry you’re feeling so crap. This heat is really doing me in! I hope you feel better soon. Teresa xx