Grateful for tramadol

I hate admitting this, but I’m so very grateful for tramadol! When nurofen and panadol aren’t doing the trick, out comes the tramadol and I feel better within hours usually.

Yesterday was a BAD pain day. I think the whole thing caught up to me because today I couldn’t seem to get out of bed. I slept until 4pm this afternoon, after sleeping all last night. I think my body went into shut-down mode and forced me to sleep, because I couldn’t lift my head off the pillow to save myself.

BUT – despite the fact that this sounds like a depressing post, after I got some much needed sleep and pain killers, I’m feeling a bit better now. I should be in bed now, since it’s nearly midnight - but I’m finally hungry – so I’m going to snack on something then off to bed I go.

Tramadol, you do wonders!!!

Hi is there any one out there who knows of a painkiller I an use for neuropathic pain that has started suddenly. I have had a reaction to tramadol Mike

I think I was given… amitrypta… something… a while back. I can’t remember if it was for pain now, though. I would have sworn it was, but now I’m second guessing myself.

Feel free to jump in (anyone) if this sounds familiar.

I remember now. It was amitriptyline – and it was given for insomnia, not pain. Sorry.

Hi Mike,

Amitryptiline is one that is used a lot but there are quite a few others available too.

If I’m right in thinking that you’ve recently been diagnosed as having ms (?) then it’s probably best to give your nurse or neuro’s secretary a call.

Debbie xx

Amitryptiline is an antidpressant and used for quite a few different things including pain so you were right Heather

Debbie xx