Forum

Freezing feet.

Hello everyone i hope to find you well.

I have never had frost bite that i am aware of but this morning in bed my feet were so cold it was painful. They were absolutely freezing and this sensation seemed to happen out of the blue. The rest of me was nice and warm. 

This is new to me as i normally have feet so hot that i cannot bare to have them covered and the sheets hurt to the touch when on my feet and legs.

Any ideas what it might be? Would be grateful for any thoughts or ideas.

xx  Maria. 

If they aren't cold to the touch, then I'm afraid it's just the same as burning (but not, obviously!), i.e. neuropathic. Heat can help. I also find that wrapping my feet/legs/whatever in woolly things helps - just like you were trying to warm them up for real.

If they're cold to the touch, then it's probably circulatory I suppose - best to see your GP.

My body is going through a phase of interpreting pressure by anything smooth as icy cold. My nice new car has leather seats. My sofa is leather. The stools in my kitchen are wooden. The seats in most places are smooth. I'm thinking of just wrapping myself permanently in a woolly rug crying2

Still, could be worse!

Karen x

Haha, hello karen, sorry about the smooth surfaces....it is all a bit of a nuisance isnt it. .

To the touch my feet felt normal. I have had a cold ear lobe and a very cold and very painful nose but i put that down to the cold weather.

I dont know which is worse, heat or cold??

I will try a wooly cover tonight. It will make a change from the fan being at my feet.

I hope you are keeping well. Its still good to read all your advice....I think it soothes and calms....not to mention informs. All good stuff when we have to wait an age for appointments.

Thanks karen  xx  Maria.

Chinny, this was one of my early symptoms years ago after I developed spastic weakness in my legs. At work they even put a fan heater near my feet. My GP's advice was to wear an extra pair of socks.

Jacqui x

Have to say my feet have been freezing for the last two weeks, but then I live in a draughty old house! Socks in bed slightly solves the problem for me happy2

hi

my hands and feet are always really cold and i wondered if it was circulatory so asked gp, he said that if he could feel the pulses  in my foot  then its not circulation issues, he felt the top of my foot just about halfway up where your laces would be, (he could feel my pulse there) and then he felt just under my ankle and it wasnt as strong there but it was there to some degree.

he wasnt impressed that i asked him a few questions so i didnt pursue it scared2but guess it means my circulation is ok, now i just need someone to tell my feet that.thumbsup

best wishes

mandy xx

Thanks everyone for your replys.

It is helpful and less scary when you know others can relate to what you are talking about.

Sounds like big wooly socks are the order of the day

xx  Maria.

Hi Maria! Long time, no chat!

Good to see you name again.

i always have cold feet and legs. i`m sat in my recliner, with usual clothes on and wrapped in my fleecy blanket, central heating`s on and i`m still chilly.

As it isn`t normal for you to feel like this, best see GP, eh?

luv Pollx

[quote=“MS43”]

Hi Maria! Long time, no chat!

Good to see you name again.

i always have cold feet and legs. im sat in my recliner, with usual clothes on and wrapped in my fleecy blanket, central heatings on and i`m still chilly.

As it isn`t normal for you to feel like this, best see GP, eh?

luv Pollx

[/quote] Hello Poll. Thanks for your advice as always it’s good stuff’n’all…love your Yorkshire quips.

I do read your posts and they keep me going and make me laugh. I think posts and messages get a bit lost sometimes due to changes…and I miss the alerts about posts, but i still try to read as many posts as i can as it is good to keep up with how everyone is. I sometimes cant think of anything to write though…i have a bit of a concentration problem at times and also something of a poor memory hits me…and i end up going of on tangents when putting pen to paper…comes and goes like all these mad symptoms…lot’s of rest seems to help me function better, and now a big pair of wooly socks and another visit to the GP…god ‘elp us eh’…take care Poll and keep the stories comming. Hope hubby is keeping well. xx Maria.

I too have a right cold foot and a right cold hand.  My neuro just sai d "yeah that fits" and I was daft enough not to ask him why?  I had told him my GP had diagnosed me with underactive thyroid and I think that may be the reason. Quite often when I go to bed I have one warm foot and one cold foot!  I have asked me GP if it's a circulation problem because I also have a "bakers cyst" behind my knee and I am sure it's all connected, even though the of and the neuro say it's not.  I am now waiting for an ultra soiund appt. to look at the knee.  Best Wishes. x

xx