Cold feet anyone?

Hi everyone.

My neuro symptoms seem to be a bit all over the place at the mo; L foot gone numb again parasthesia seems to be there for a while now but it seems almost constant now. I’ve noticed my back is numb on the L as my partner tried to massage and I couldn’t feel much at all on that side, chin and lips is numb again. L leg is hurt and stiff. Anyway sorry - digressing.

I’ve also noticed now we’ve had not great weather for a few days my feet particularly my left which has been more affected by this is more cold. I mean like freezing almost like I’ve put them in a freezer. Its 18 degrees not winter yet even. I wondered whether anyone else gets this or not. My partner questiones if it is raynauds but I have no notable skin colour changes though I am asian so alittle more difficult to tell.

I don’t really fit the group for poor circulation as not diabetic/ don’t smoke/ normal bp and cholestrol/ no thrombotic risks.

Anyone any clue?

Reemz

X

MS doesn’t cause real cold feet as far as I know - only fake cold feet; so if your feet as normal temperature to touch, it’s MS, if they are cold, it’s probably something else. Raynauld’s is common in MS though so it could be that perhaps. When I get it in my hands, the colour change can be quite spectacular, but I guess it must vary and may well look less dramatic on darker skin. Sounds like a trip to the GP would be worthwhile - best to get other causes checked out. Karen x

I suffer from cold feet and cold hands all the time. My mum and a friend whom also have MS do aswell. I do tend to get purple feet with it to but as you said it wud b harder for you to notice. Generally there isnt alot that can be done for this even thicker socks dont help im afraid. But make sure you have a good shoes that cover your feet completely its not exactly been the best summer but its far from freezing. Maybe see if you gp or neuro can help so far ive had nothing.

Wish you the best

Poppy x

I suffer from cold feet and cold hands all the time. My mum and a friend whom also have MS do aswell. I do tend to get purple feet with it to but as you said it wud b harder for you to notice. Generally there isnt alot that can be done for this even thicker socks dont help im afraid. But make sure you have a good shoes that cover your feet completely its not exactly been the best summer but its far from freezing. Maybe see if you gp or neuro can help so far ive had nothing.

Wish you the best

Poppy x

Hi, yes my feet are always cold to the touch, but not always obviously so to me!

They can appear purple and blotchy too!

My legs are the same. I put it down to not being able to walk.

luv Pollx

My feet are are always freezing and I find other parts get cold very quickly, I also get itchy purple bruise like blotching. I struggle with the heat too. I was diagnosed with Raynauds alone with ME 15 years ago though.

My right hand and arm suffer from spasticity. My hand either goes pink and hot in very hot weather and my fingers curl up more or get freezing when the weather turns. I spent my time at the beginning of the year wrapping my arm and hand in a blanket when watching tv…not an attractive look! Lol

Thanks guys!

Yes I’ve noticed the stiffness/ spasticity is worse at the moment too. And sometimes you think you’re cold but not if that makes sense. I had that last october as my hand felt freezing but to touch it it was normal. At least I’m not the only one with this strange thing.

I feel a bit of an old woman as my heads also swimmy, feels a bit like I’m unsteady but I don’t know if thats because I can’t feel my feet and they’re cold or if its something new. Lord knows. I’m not walking round looking drunk (though I feel it) so I’ll carry on unless it gets worse I guess.

Thank you guys.

I’m feeling cheered up at least.

Reemz

X