Flaming June!

I’d like our neighbours rickety fence to be blown down and replaced with something sturdier too!

We had a damaged fence panel on the other side in the last game force winds. It was in much better condition than the one next door, newer, stronger etc yet next doors stood firm and ours didn’t!

Mmmmm Magnum. My favourite is white chocolate

I think they make it up as they go along, always seems to be hit & miss! I am lucky enough to be going to see Elton John Saturday, would be nice, just once to be for warned!!! Outside concert what the hell to wear?!!! Oh & 1 of the bins have gone again!!! Tracey x

Tracey’s bins need corralling xD Hubby’s getting his exercise today though, right?! ;D

Clothing dilemma aside, have a fabulous time on Saturday! Before any time that I set foot outside I can never decide on the best clothing option. Anyone read Terry Pratchett? People with the various issues that we have need a Luggage of our own, which will follow us around so we always have access to clothing changes, whatever the reason for needing them. Also, we’d always have a seat handy!

Hmm, also…The Luggage tends to eat people that it doesn’t like, I know I’d potentially find this useful…

Thank you! Personally I like Terry Brooks, very like Terry Pratchett, lovely fantasy books, that reminds me, started 1 other week!!! If I can remember where I put it, I’ll carry on ps he did catch the bin, but the bin men didn’t put it back, another thing he can swear at, hay ho!!! Tracey x

Hailstones the size of marbles here last night…used to love a game of marbles when I was a child

Jan x

Being on the Pacific coast, we get the effects of El Nino pretty strongly; more heat and less rain!

We had our first barbecue back in March and have had to start watering the lawn a few weeks back!

I am not complaining, although the threat of wildfires is sure to be stupid high once summer hits properly in a few weeks time…

or maybe this coming weekend where we are looking at almost 30C!!!

Such a wild frozen waste land this Canada!

I think it’s El Niño’s what’s causing our bad weather at the moment, actually. Though I may be talking out of my bum with regard to that.

Well Jellysundae, whatever it is, I wish it would b****r off!!! Tracey x

Totally agree xD I wonder if I’ll manage to get myself outside tomorrow…weather looks inoffensive, so it’s entirely down to me and my executive dysfunction getting our act together! I’ve got 250 pairs of earplugs to collect from the sorting office! It’s such a joy living on a high street and next door to a noisy pub!

Bless you!!! Don’t know if a snoring hubby can top that, probably not, but I hope you get out tomorrow & right now I’m envious of your earplugs!!! Tracey x

You tried them? I’ve lived here for 13 years now and got through a metric tonne of them by now, I should think! I used to get them from Boots, those were great as they could be reused over and over again. They washed nicely and I had pairs last for 6 months! These are foam barrel ones that I’m talking about.

Then Boots upped the price and changed the foam they were made from and they were total rubbish after that : / After much experimenting the ones I use now are 3m Classics

They don’t block the noise for more than 3 nights, 2 at the weekend when the pub’s playing loud music until 2:30, but I get them on Ebay and the 250 pairs I’ve got to go collect were £25.50 with free postage, that’s a decent price for 500+ nights of peace and quiet!

Thanks for the earplugs post. I’ve been using the Boots ones since 1989 but since they changed the foam they’re rubbish. I need them to muffle snoring xx

You’re very welcome! I feel vindicated having someone else say the Boots ones are rubbish now, too xD

Ooh, I won tickets to see elton john 10 years ago from central news, unfortunately I was admitted to the QE the day before due to my 2nd relapse which led to my diagnosis, buhey l the hospital for the night due to meds they had put me on :frowning: I gave the tickets to a friend who said she’d bought me a mug but dropped it and was smashed. Ive never won anything like that before and was so looking forward to going. Enjoy x

It appears my fence is ‘still standing, yeah yeah yeah’ see what I did there Traceydc46? Tenuios link I know… but should really read no, no, no!!!

…and after further investigation I can report the fence has come away from the post revealing a 12 inch gap! Easy enough to push it back though :frowning:

Morning all…sun shining in sunny up north, but still windy. Have had hailstones, rain, really strong winds over last couple of days though. Son in some sports thing at school wouldn’t wear hat and only tiniest bit of sun screen so he will have sunburn tonight!!! June

on plus side, no noisy neighbour at night, no fence about to scarpa and bins out tomorrow so wind will pick up then of course,must be a bin day rule.

hot feet as winter shoes still xxx

I too have a wilderbeest who sleeps next to me. I use Macks Pillow Soft ear plugs. They’re great, made of mouldable silicon. They pretty much block the snorting snuffling noises out!

1 Like

Ha Ha Sallum!!! Still not sure if it’s frock or welly & jeans, bloody weather & I’m getting them earplugs, if I could have kicked him, I would have last night!!! Where the hell does that noise come from!!! Wouldn’t mind but he’s in serious denial, pig Tracey x