Flaming June!

one cure for snoring is to fix a peg / bulldog clip etc to the back of their shirt / pyjama. you cannae snore if not lying on your back.

also, they sell a contraption over here, that causes your lower jaw to protrude further than your upper. this too makes snoring impossible. try it; stick your lower teeth out past your top front row, tilt your head back and try snorring.

Weather to noise to earplugs to snoring. I love the way this thread is weaving! As for snoring my grunting beast snores when he’s on his side, either side, as well as his back. He refuses to try the contraption you mention Paolo so earplugs are the only solution. I’m surprised my husband doesn’t wake himself up it’s so loud. I can even tell which side he’s lying or whether he’s on his back by the noise emanating from him!

You know as I was reading this I had the same thought, then the very next line I read is you saying it! xD I guess it’s the same as the “nose blind” thing that Febreze is using in their latest ads. Teen boys stop noticing their smell, guys in general grow up used to their snoring. I suppose guys snore louder than women (I’m not denying that women snore too) because a lot sleep on their back? I know I sleep on my side. Plus they tend to have a larger chest cavity, so reverberation and all that.

As an aside, Febreze needs a slap. Obviously they’re just promoting their product, but the net result is furthering the bad human habit of dealing with the effect rather than the cause. If those stinky teens would learn to wash properly and regularly, and change their socks daily, they’d not need the Febreze in the first place. xD

So true! x

A sketch on “citizen khan” awhile back, had two single beds, she was in one, he was in another snoring. She reached down for a cricket bat and gave him a little whack-hilarious. I prod mine to turn over if he gets into snoring position.

ahhhhggggg does that count as a joke?? Shall find out

We’re allowed to make jokes, Slug :slight_smile: I think the mods/admins issue with that was with loads of threads of nothing but copy/paste jokes? So the forum was getting a bit spammy-looking, I guess? I don’t want to put words in other people’s mouths so some clarification from an admin would be great, especially as it seems people are a bit confuzzled about what’s acceptable now and what isn’t.

I used to poke my ex until he turned over, too xD Kind of amuses me how it’s the partner who often ends up trying to deal with the snoring. The fight the effect not the cause thing again. Maybe we should start making snorers sleep with their head in something like an old-fashioned diving helmet?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/19/e2/4d/19e24db08dba42e15be7a6359751d26c.jpg

Think that would block the noise? xD

Not having a go at you, Jellysundae, but there has never, ever been a ban on “being funny” in posts, and the mods have clarified it umpteen times. Some people (either willfully or not, I don’t know) have misrepresented that there is not allowed to be anything amusing in posts.

If you have something to say that is original, funny and NOT offensive/dubious taste, I’m sure there will be absolutely no problem in saying it.

However, if you just want to recite that hackneyed old joke about the Englishman, the Scotsman and the Irishman that your mate told you down the pub last night - or copy-and-paste it from elsewhere, you’re probably skating on thin ice.

I’ve never heard of anyone being banned, or even getting a warning, over posts that were often or even mainly humorous.

One person (I believe) did eventually get banned over refusing to quit posting “formula” jokes. I’m sure you know what I mean by a “formula” joke - just something doing the rounds, that may or may not be funny, but all too often isn’t, and has the potential to offend or make some people feel uncomfortable.

I don’t think it’s rocket science to tell the difference between being humorous and blindly repeating stuff you nabbed from elsewhere, that’s a bit iffy. The problem is that even if 90% of the recycled jokes are completely harmless, the (understaffed) mods can’t spend all day scrutinising for the 10% that cross the line. The same would be true even if it was 99% and 1%. You don’t want that one post there, that’s going to make someone think: “Oh, I’m surprised at the MS Society for hosting something like that!”

Tina

x

Thanks for explaining things to me, Tina, I very much appreciate it! :slight_smile: