Flaming June!

Are we allowed to talk about the weather on here? I don’t mean about its impact on MS symptoms, or the difficulties we experience in adverse weather. It’s just that its 2nd June and we’ve still got the central heating on!

I know what you mean.

Summer certainly hasn’t arrived where i live.

25 years ago today the weather was no better! And I should remember it was my wedding day. It’s our Silver Anniversary :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s dire, isn’t it? We had a gale last night!

I have a FB buddy (former schoolfriend) on the Isle of Man. They have a load of campers there for the TT races. They had set up an emergency centre for distressed racegoers, and my friend was offering emergency accommodation at her farm, for anyone in need. These measures are not normally necessary in June!

Happy anniversary, Sallum - sorry 'bout the weather - then and now.

Tina

x

1 Like

Happy Anniversary Sallum. I have a Facebook friend who had hailstones yesterday in Cumbria!

1 Like

Yes, Happy Anniversary! The weather is being very British at the moment, isn’t it! Seems to be going to be back to normal - the wind at least - by tomorrow though. I’ve not used any heaters since April or so, but I’m still wearing pyjamas at night, and layering up pretty thoroughly; big jumpers a lot of the time, even if it is just one and not several like it was during the winter.

I’ve wondered about what it’s ok to make threads about too, because it would be great to talk about regular stuff too, and not focus solely on what tends to be the bad stuff in our lives. I think it’s fine? There is that “not MS” option at the search function at the head of the forum, so I think we should be safe from a moderator smiting

1 Like

We were hoping the unseasonal winds would blow our neighbours rickety fence down. 2 panels are already down thanks to earlier spring winds and a bit of help from my hubby :wink:

Ah, much as I’d like to live somewhere else (I’m in an upstairs flat next door to a noisy pub) the lack of those regular neighbour issues is something I count as a blessing!

Of course you can discuss topics of general interest! There’s never been any rule against that!

The only controversy in recent months has been a spate of threads that were just straight cut-and-pastes of online jokes - some of them in dubious taste, or reinforcing crude stereotypes that might be offensive to some.

That was when mods stepped in, because of the danger it could bring the Society into disrepute.

There is no rule against talking about things unrelated to MS, and certainly no rule you can’t be lighthearted or amusing. Just avoid recycling dodgy jokes that could more accurately be called spam.

I’m sure if I’ve got the wrong end of the stick with any of this, the mods will step in to correct me.

Tina

x

3 Likes

Thanks Tina! I thought it highly unlikely that it wouldn’t be ok to talk about anything, but confirmation’s always good :smiley:

It’s lovely to talk about other things rather than MS We are human after all!!! Happy anniversary Sallum​ Weather horrible in North Wales as well, hubby chasing the recycling bins as we speak!!! Not happy bunny! Tracey x

1 Like

Haha, those bins have quite a turn of speed on a windy day, don’t they xD

I know, chuffin` cold here in West Yorkshire too.

Where`s me fleece throw?

But Ive just had my daily fixof a magnum.....chills me bones..but i aint givinem up!

pollxx

Hubby on the Isle of Man for the TT Races (Marshalling) - fortunately in B&B and not camping - crossing was unpleasant and just before the ferry’s were stopped/delayed due to Force 10 winds.

Family in North Wales have battened down the hatches and are riding it out!

6 Degrees of separation there Anitra.

Driving home last night was interesting to say the least - torrential rain and the car being buffeted one way then the other, not to mention dodging various items being blasted across the highway!

Hope the polytunnel is still on the allotment!?

Only upside - had a gang of furry (cat) hot waterbottles to keep me warm in bed - they seem to take the view that whatever is making the noise outside will have to go through the Human first.

2 Likes

What flavour, Poll? <.< >.>

As an aside, does my use of text emotes confuse people? Are some of you sat there thinking, “why is she putting random punctuation in her posts, is this some strange MS thing?!”

Nope, it’s habit picked up from a lot of chatting on forums and Skype! That’s a ninja face up there. I might use Japanese text emotes instead (if I can remember) as they have so many character shapes that they can really go to town with emotes, and I have a handy site bookmarked :smiley:

Here’s a good one for Magnums! (っ˘ڡ˘ς)

Hi Poll,

Yes, it is so cold and blowy and rainy. On the weather news this morning -they showed a picture of 1975 - June 2 - and we had snow!!

l am still lighting the wood-burner at night - and when l go out with the dogs - l am all wrapped up - sheepskin gloves and all.

Forecast is better at the end of the week. Hope so - we are going to a ‘Hawaiian Party’ - its in a marquee. l have the fake tan on - and l am layering it up. Brilliant stuff - such an improvement on what l used to use. lts by Avon - skin so soft range - goes on without any streaks - and no smell. Lovely natural colour. l shall not look like an OOmpah LOOmpah - no orange!

Hi Poll,

Yes, it is so cold and blowy and rainy. On the weather news this morning -they showed a picture of 1975 - June 2 - and we had snow!!

l am still lighting the wood-burner at night - and when l go out with the dogs - l am all wrapped up - sheepskin gloves and all.

Forecast is better at the end of the week. Hope so - we are going to a ‘Hawaiian Party’ - its in a marquee. l have the fake tan on - and l am layering it up. Brilliant stuff - such an improvement on what l used to use. lts by Avon - skin so soft range - goes on without any streaks - and no smell. Lovely natural colour. l shall not look like an OOmpah LOOmpah - no orange!

Apparently it’s going to get better for weekend? If the met office hasn’t got it horribly wrong, again!!! Hubby reckons it is especially windy on a Tuesday, every Tuesday, cos he has to chase the "b*****ds every week, his words not mine!!! Tracey x

Poor hubby. The Irish Sea can be very bumpy!

Friday’s forecast for here (Bristol) is bizarrely showing hot, but bucketing, with thunder and lightning. It’s all very odd…

T.