Fatigue meltdowns & 'white as a sheet'?

Hi gang… you know those fatigue meltdowns… when it’s like someone has pulled the plug out? I’ve had a couple recently when I’ve been with other people & on both times the person has commented that I’ve gone white as a sheet. They are so awful. Sometimes I find them scary as it feels like I’m too weak to breathe. Anyone else get them like that and been told that they go white? Been getting them for about 7 years now so I don’t suppose they’ll kill me… it just feels like they might. Pat xx

Goodness me Pat, I know exactly what you mean. You went white when you were here and had a melt down! Never been told I’ve gone white but I was once told I looked like a heroin addict!! No answer to that really is there? Maybe better than" oh but you look so well"! I know what you mean too about feeling like the end is nigh! Nina x

Aw no, that sounds rotten I can’t say I have experienced that, I just get my ‘odd’ moments, the ones where I’m not even sure I’m upright, I just have such a mental ‘blink’ that you can be sat down, and need a moment to get your bearings!

Sonia x

Hi Pat,

i know exactly how you feel i get these very often,i loose all my colour and look look grey,it feels like you are dying,it really does,i have just been through very severe stress for a week and needless to say its made my ms kick off big time,

hope you feel better very soon.

J x

Oh Pat you’re definitely not on your own I’m a red head who’s been anaemic for most of my adult life. All I can suggest is the obvious, rest and don’t overdo things and make up. I’ve never bothered with make up before but it’s the only way to try and disguise some of the more challenging days. I think I’ve paid for most of my Avon ladies’ wardrobe and I’m sure I’ve gone to the top of her client list, she’s very quick to deliver and collect my catalogues.

Take care

Cath xx

Hi Pat

I have the feeling tha5 you say about feeling unplugged, I describe it as a feeling like I have hit a brick wall, and feel suddenly very weak, and have to rest. It’s not nice, and comes almost out of the blue without warning, but not sure if I am pale or not when it happens.

Ms is truly weird, take care hun.

Pam x

Hi Pat, have you discussed this with your g.p Or any other health professional?

Pauline xx

Hi Pauline, I did once discuss it with MS nurse… though I didn’t know about going white until recently… she said it’s and MS thing. But will mention it again when I next see somone. Thanks, Pat xx

My wife always knows when I am feeling rough she can see it in my face. I try not saying anything and she just looks at me and says you cant hide it from me you are as white as a sheet. After thirty six years of marriage she can read me like a book. Scary really she knows what I am thinking before I do.

Hi, I sometimes get this, usually when I am at work. You feel as if you have hit a brick wall and can’t think straight. My work colleague will ask if I am ok as I have gone a grey colour. All I want to do is go home and rest but I just have to plough on. Just another day in the life that is ms.

Don my family and close friends notice too no matter how I try to hide it. You’re obviously like me, can’t tell lies, too honest. My dad’s just been diagnosed with prostate cancer though and he goes a horrible grey colour when tired. I bought him some Metatone Tonic to try and build up his strength a bit and it seems to be working. I don’t want to use it though as I already take vitamin supplements.

Cath xx

Interesting link on why people suddenly go pale: http://www.why.do/why-do-people-go-pale/ Pat xx

Thats interesting Pat, thanks.

Pam x

[quote=“Min”]

Don my family and close friends notice too no matter how I try to hide it. You’re obviously like me, can’t tell lies, too honest. My dad’s just been diagnosed with prostate cancer though and he goes a horrible grey colour when tired. I bought him some Metatone Tonic to try and build up his strength a bit and it seems to be working. I don’t want to use it though as I already take vitamin supplements.

Cath xx

[/quote] Cath my GP who is also a personal friend reckons you just pee out what your body can’t use I would give it a try I doubt it will do any harm Don

I’m naturally very pale as I’m blonde and unfortunately this shows up the constant dark circles under my eyes. My husband says I look as if I’ve aged a lot since been dx’d as i show the results of my illness in my face! Thanks so much for the morale boosting words! Teresa xx

Hi Teresa

I too have the black lines under my eyes, but luckyily I wear glasses all the time, and they help to cover them.

People can tell a lot from our faces, even when we are saying “thankyou I’m fine” they know different.

Hope you and your family are doing ok.

Pam x

Hi Pat I have sudden attacks of breathlessness which comes on out of the blue it feels like the body is just going to shut down with no energy left to breath. I need to rest for about 45 minutes before it starts coming back slowly and cannot talk when it’s happening it leaves me feeling weak. I was with my friend recently and she said she was so worried as I went as white as a sheet. Hospital consultant said it was my MS I’ve been having them for about 3 years they are very frightening especially when your on your own! Polly

Yes thanks Pam. Doing Ok atm. Hope you are doing well? Teresa xx

[quote=“Polly1”] Hi Pat I have sudden attacks of breathlessness which comes on out of the blue it feels like the body is just going to shut down with no energy left to breath. I need to rest for about 45 minutes before it starts coming back slowly and cannot talk when it’s happening it leaves me feeling weak. I was with my friend recently and she said she was so worried as I went as white as a sheet. Hospital consultant said it was my MS I’ve been having them for about 3 years they are very frightening especially when your on your own! Polly [/quote] Polly that is it exactly. Very well described. I call them meltdowns… and yes they are frightening! I suppose… even though I wouldn’t wish them on anyone else… there is some comfort in knowing we are not alone! If you can (not easy when you can barely move) but I have found that having a banana or a glass of milk or something can help. I suppose the body is desperately looking for an energy sauce, so food… even a tiny amount… helps. Thanks for response, Pat xx

Sorry should have been ‘energy source’… Energy Sauce would be a very good thing… could use it instead of HP… lol… Pat xx