Forum

Eye/vision

Morning all Woke up this morning and stuff was blurry on stuff close up and then double vision with stuff at a distance only in one eye now after two hours of being up my vision is blurry but dull in the same eye. What do I do? X

Are you diagnosed? If so call your nurse or neuro and ask to be seen at the emergency eye clinic. If you don’t have your dx, speak to your gp and ask for the same thing, vision problems need dealing with sooner rather than later. I had a similar thing happen last week and got in to the clinic the next day. Hope you get it sorted :slight_smile:

Hi Henri Have you experienced this before? I would say maybe get checked by an optician, (some may say go to A&E)personally when I have had vision loss eye pain my GP just said wait till you see your Neuro and also was given eye drops ( which I didn’t use!). Having phoned an Optician in the past to see if they would check them they preferred not to interfere with my journey with Neurologist! So it’s a weird situation to be in dependent on how far you are in your journey towards diagnosis and how helpful you think your GP or Optician may be and whether you are under a Neuro and awaiting MRI or have had MRI of brain and orbits! As I say someone may come along and say rush to A&E don’t mess with your sight I have personally never felt the need to do that, it’s something you need to decide for yourself. Sorry if I haven’t really been much help x Michelle

IM in the same situation I’ve had 8 episodes of blurred vision in the last few weeks it lasts between 10 mins and 2/3 hours then eyes feel strained for rest of day. I still haven’t been dx, I’ve just started the journey. Doctors just said wait till I see Nero, so I’m not much help ether. I would recommend you see your gp and see what they say. Best of luck

IM in the same situation I’ve had 8 episodes of blurred vision in the last few weeks it lasts between 10 mins and 2/3 hours then eyes feel strained for rest of day. I still haven’t been dx, I’ve just started the journey. Doctors just said wait till I see Nero, so I’m not much help ether. I would recommend you see your gp and see what they say. Best of luck

Hi Mandi Do you find it frustrating? am getting bit fed up now with one thing and another :frowning:

Ive decided to come opticians and I’m undiagnoised at mo, kinda fed up of getting nowhere x

Very frustrating I’ve got a urgent Nero appointment which is September it’s only taken 4 years of doctor visits to get this far but they have booked my mri scan for July before I go which is a bonus. Hope everyone gets fixed real soon :slight_smile:

Let us know how you get on Henri :slight_smile: 4yrs Mandi B it’s a long haul int it ? good that your MRI is before your Neuro appointment least they’ll have your results come September. Michelle :slight_smile: x

Yes please do Henri. Yes 4 years is to long really but since changing doctors they have been fab. Fingers crossed for everyone x

They want me to go eye hospital, they say my optic nerve is shallow and pink which I think is ok, but cos it happened before she wants me to get checked x

Fingers crossed all is Ok. Please let us know what they say, may also give us some invite to what’s happening to us. X

Fingers crossed all is Ok. Please let us know what they say, may also give us some insite to what’s happening to us. X

Hi all just wanted to let you all know I’m at the eye hospital at mo waiting to be seen

Best of luck x

Hay Henri how did you get on? x