Eye problems? Not ON

I have had a squint since I was 3 years old. However after, after visiting my optician due to poor vision, unable to focus, blurred and double vision, plus ptosis-dropping eyelid they reffered me to local hospital eye clinic. As my squint now turns outwards instead of inwards. All they have to say is it’s not ON, or muscle related but probably Has anyone else had this? Have tried to google it but looks like squints can change direction after eye srugery but I have never had this. Told to return in 3 months, which will be after my follow up Neuro visit. But sick of not getting answers and not being able to see properly and having a noticeable squint. Any ideas?.

Hi,

Yes I had an outward squint so I really feel for you. I actually got mine sorted out when I was in my 20’s and took all the ruide remarks that came with it, they are very hurtful. Since having had the surgery my eye has remained straight, but can only see through one eye or the other. If by chance they do come together I get double vision, so always look through the best eye. Have you been put on a waiting list to have it straightened, if not I would strongly advise you to do so. Once done it opens up a whole new world for you. I always believed it was weakened muscle that caused it. Just one more thing it can be repeated. Push for it, tell them how embarrassed you are by it how fed up you are with people saying are you looking at me, after I had mine done I passed my driving test, couldn’t judge widths etc. Mine has been a great success and I’d do it again if I needed to. Hope this helps. Wishing you loads and loads good luck, do let us know how you get on.

Janet

x

I am not on a list to have it straightened. When it went inwards glasses and then contact lenses would straighten it. But now it goes outwards they do not, optician says my prescription is fine. Not sure if changing my prescription would help at all as eye clinic say its not caused by a muscle problem, but by some neurological problem. It is affecting my driving and does not help with my bumping into things, as like you say it’s hard to to judge things.

Eye problem is a big problem for me. I feel the pain of the eye problem. I can’t work too long over the PC. After a short priod I feel dark on the PC monetor. Please give me some idea, what cad I do for it?

Improve your eye health