Epic MRI

Wow !! That took 45 minutes. And don’t ever play ABBA music to a huge fan, whilst she’s inside one of these things, then expect her to keep still. I got told off…twice !! Oops !! Catherine Xx

on my first ever MRI I was played Sleeping Beauty - as if anyone could ever sleep in one of them things with all that noise.

Abba would be a bit difficult to listen to and not sing along. You are the MRI Dancing Queen

on my first ever MRI I was played Sleeping Beauty - as if anyone could ever sleep in one of them things with all that noise.

Abba would be a bit difficult to listen to and not sing along. You are the MRI Dancing Queen

My last MRI took 2 hours!!! I didn’t have music, don’t think it was working. I fell asleep though! Lol at you dancing through yours though.

I had an mri that was an hour that was long. They never offered me any music just the ear plugs. I did drift off to ssleep though. I can sleep through anything. They are the most uncomfortable things to keep still in anyway without encouraging you to dance

I hope you thanked them for the music!, but 45 minutes? my MRI on Tuesday was only 15 minutes. It was brain only. Does anyone know why they focus on the brain as I cant remember the last time I had a spinal chord scan. My best to you all, Peter

Hi Catherine

I had the choice when i had my first MRI and I chose classical music, the next one was in a different hospital and they didn’t give me a choice; it was some awful pop music (not that Abba’s awful) but this was exceptionally bad, I think Abba would be quite nice to listen to; it would be difficult to keep still I should think.

Wendy x

My scans last for hours and I’ve never been offered music. As for falling asleep are you kidding lol! My first scan I had a screaming cold and all I wanted to do was cough and I couldn’t. Torture.

My scans last for hours and I’ve never been offered music. As for falling asleep are you kidding lol! My first scan I had a screaming cold and all I wanted to do was cough and I couldn’t. Torture.

You brave people… I’m claustrophobic and can’t have scans without large amounts of valium. It doesn’t matter what music goes on because my snoring drowns everything out. My mri’ s usually last about 45 minutes and I have to be unconscious for all of them. I feel like a real wimp but can’t manage without.

I have only had two mris, was diagnosed last month, maybe a silly questions but do I have a life of mris to look forward too or after a while to you no longer need them?

Gill xxx

I’ve only had two, I don’t know if there’s much need for them once you’re diagnosed, I had one years ago which saw lesions but as they hadn’t identified both of my relapses they didn’t diagnose, I then had one last year when I started seeing my consultant as the first one was so long ago and he wanted to see how things were.

I don’t think I’m expecting another one anytime soon, but I could well be wrong. I am in no rush to give up two hours of my life again though!

Hi all, My MRI lasted forever, I had brain and whole spine done all at once, no music just had to lay there listening to the bangs. Eventually I went into somekind of weird trance counting the bangs. Got quite a headache from it!! Take care BeckyX

I’ve had 3 MRIs now - and they were all a bit weird.

The first wasn’t MS related, it was my small intestine, there was no music as there was a voice over along the lines of:

Breathe In…

Breathe Out…

Hold your breath…

The timing was all wrong and I went thru the first cycle with no breath in me - yikes. They then injected me a muscle relaxant and the breathing was even harder to control as I was a bit on the giddy side.

2nd was spinal - there was a folder containing the music choices and it was a bit rubbish to be honest, in the end I plumped for Paul Weller and was relieved that there was quite a lot of Jam on it :slight_smile:

3rd was head - the folder was completely different to last visit (same hospital) I felt spoilt for choice and only got halfway thru the 2nd page before I’d picked 2 CDs - The Foo Fighters - yay! And Muse as back-up. So into the MRI I went, quite excited that I had something good to listen to… except the MRI was so loud and the music wasn’t :frowning: I could only actually work out 2 tracks from the maybe 3 lines I heard Dave Grohl sing :frowning: Just enough for me to be even more gutted, what they give with one hand they take away with the other!

Next time, if there is another one, I’m gonna ask them to crank it up before I get shoved in that tunnel :wink:

Sonia x

I was in such a state of anxiety, what with wobbling about and falling over, also because I thought I might have some awful disease like MS! Lying in that scanner with the music playing was the best hour I’d had for over a month, all of my worries drifted away and were someone elses responsibilty, now get the same feelings from reflexology, tai chi and Alexander Technique. I told my doctor about my experience in the scanner and said “Weird eh” and she agreed.

Wendy x

You get music?

The Royal Berks in Reading has a folder on the desk when you check in, they do the standard “fill in this form” and there’s a box on it to list 2 CD references, along with all the usual weight/list of medications/next of kin etc. :slight_smile:

The nurse just asked me what I liked…I said cheesy pop…he said, I’ve got a fab ABBA CD and I beamed at him !!! Last time I asked for rock and got some awful glam rock !!

Hey, Mrs H, some of us like glam rock!

I can’t remember how long my MRIs lasted. My brain scan was fairly short (what does that say about my brain?!) and the spinal scan was fairly long but I think I drifted off into my own little world. I wasn’t offered any music.

The worst part for me was that I had seized up quite badly by the time I came out and I couldn’t sit up straight. I was unable to roll over onto my side as my head was restricted by the shape of the headrest type thing that stops patients moving about. The nurse grabbed the back of my neck and hauled me up in one fell swoop! I remember groaning ‘Thanks’ at him! It wasn’t what I really wanted to say but I was brought up well.

Tracey x

Sorry !! I had completely seized into position…I reckon it took me about 10 minutes to be able to move !! Catherine Xx