'Epic' Journey

The time has come…I really should get out of bed…my ‘epic’ adventure begins. Paris here we come. £450 raised so far by friends and family by donating to ‘our’ cause and sponsoring me so there’s no backing out now. Train & ferry tickets and our first night’s accommodation booked. Then Sunday morning starts the pedal power to get us to our final destination - Paris.

1 Like

Good luck Sallum and I hope you don’t suffer too much, think someone should invent a compeed type stuff for the butt of long distance cyclists. Enjoy the ride and the scenery and have a great trip Sue

Good luck.

Jan x

Ha ha! Think I have a fair amount of padding in my nether regions! Saddle is padded and sprung too - it’s not one of those high speed light as a feather type of bike either just a great workhorse. Thanks for cheering me on. X Sharon

Thanks Jan, the thought that I’ve raised around £500 will help to keep me motivated. Sharon xxx

We’ve safely made it to Dieppe after 5 train journeys, with not much time to spare between change over though! The donation sponsorship fund has increased to just over £500 for the MS Society :slight_smile:

Have fun :slight_smile:

1 Like

well done and congrats!

pollx

1 Like

Just completed the 1st 50 miles, 80 more to do in 2 1/2 days. Met a lovely family on the ferry, who had snuck her dog upstairs instead of locked in the car, wh invited us for a meal on Tuesday when we reach Versailles!

1 Like

2nd leg complete. Today we’ve cycled 50 miles to the town of Gournay-en-Bray and arrived in the middle of a carnival procession. We’ve checked in to our hotel & going out for a much deserved beer or two!

1 Like

2nd day of cycling under our belt with a total of 84 miles covered. Felt good after the 1st day and very pleased with myself! The effects of Sundays cycled started to take its toll and we could only manage 34 miles today. Think we’ll have pasta tonight and a little less beer! We plan to reach Versailles tomorrow and visit a new friend we met on the boat :slight_smile:

1 Like

Less beer is prob a good plan and you can make up for it when you celebrate your success

Keep the updates coming.

Jan x

1 Like

We made it to Paris slightly earlier than planned. 50 miles the first day (all keen and eager, plus 30 miles was on cycle way - harder to cycle than you’d think!) - only 35 miles the 2nd day as the next part of the journey included a big hill and thought may be easier to tackle with fresh legs. The third part we were planning on getting to Versailles, but when we found out our accommodation, a boat on the Seine, was free, we decided to push on. Sponsorship money and donations is still coming in! Sharon x

1 Like

Well done you deserve a good rest Sue

1 Like

Congratulations! Raised money and awareness for MS and it sounds like you have really enjoyed yourself. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We certainly did Spoogle! Even after 3 days our legs are still killing us. Riding your bike around Paris isn’t as terrifying as I thought. On Wednesday we rode up and down the Champs Elysées but gave the island around the Arch de Triumph up as a bad idea - was far too busy and scary. Had a rest off the bikes yesterday but back on the saddle again today cycling the lenght of the city along the siene to watch Elly & her team in the Double Dutch Freestyle :slight_smile:

Just thought I’d take a moment to remind everyone of the importance of wearing a helmet. We’ve covered 130 miles in 3 days event free, travelled all around Paris, including the 6 lane Champs de Elysées and back down it again - still event free. But today, I fell a cropper off my bike. I tried to ride up a slight kerb at the wrong angle & instead of riding up it my bike slid along it until my rear wheel joined it where I instantly fell off onto my right side, smashing my head on the floor, Fortunately with the help of nearby well wishers I eventually made it to a sitting position then lifted up onto my feet. I was lucky, with a few grazes and a bit of a headache. I think I’ll feel it more tomorrow, as my body isn’t as young as it once was. It’s not just the busy roads you need your helmet for!

I’ve also just seen I’ve had a £500 donation from my husbands employer making my grand total over £1000 for MS research. And to think this was just going to be a cycling holiday!!!

Congratulations. I have enjoyed the updates…

1 Like

£1100 so far and the money is still rolling in! Here’s the link in our local paper. It’s a bit OTT but it raises awareness :slight_smile: Mum defies MS to cycle to Paris to see daughter in world championships - The Redditch Standard