Election

Very good Whammel so many of these videos have been made I guess this means the public won’t vote for them.

@snowflake-321

have you read russell brand’s book “revolution”. it made sense to me.

moogle star

david cameron’s rap was funny and sadly so true!

Hey Carole, I’m currently reading Revolution - usually while I have my monthly Tysabri infusion, so I’m not getting through it very quickly!

But I watch Russell Brand’s “Trews” (True News) on You Tube every week. I really recommend it. It really opens your eyes to what’s going on and what we’re not being made aware of.

I just watched the David Cameron rap. Brilliant! I’m looking forward to the Emperor’s New Clothes. Maybe bringing things into the main stream will start to wake/shake people up!

Emma x

emma

do people want to be woken up?

i despair of people who i know personally and i know that they are workers (ie producers of wealth, not owners of wealth). they still think there is good in the tories! What!!!

it is making me more and more politicised.

i’ll be the new citizen smith - that is a tv show from the 70’s. “up the workers” wolfie smith.

carole x

Carole

I think I’m like you. This is the probably the first election that I have actually been properly interested in … but still there is no-one to vote for! We are herded into the same old routine - i.e. vote for the one you’re least opposed to!

I remember Foxy! “Power to the people” was what they were saying in the 70s … but we didn’t have power then, and we certainly don’t have any more today!

Just maybe the power of the internet has a good side too? We’re learning stuff today that we didn’t know 10/15yrs ago and I think the younger generation are pretty “clued up” and more socially aware.

I do feel people are beginning to wake up (particularly the younger generation) and there are slight rumblings of revolution (even if it does take celebrity to start it)! My 22-year-old son regularly posts articles from Adbusters & 38 Degrees on his Facebook page which are troubling, but informative & educational.

Emma x

Just a quick extra comment, for all those who want to scapegoat the Lib Dems now. A friend just told they know someone who works quite high up in the civil service, and is very grateful for many of the ways the Lib Dems have moderated the Conservatives. Like I said in my first reply, they’ve held back the Conservatives, and for that I’m grateful. I’m actually quite tempted to vote for them now.

Dan

nick clegg had the rip taken on the last leg but he came out looking like a nice guy.

still been Labour from birth and I won’t be changing now!

Proportional representation is the way to go. Then people’s votes count for something and all the numpty MPs have to grow up and work together to get things done rather than ridiculing each other and going nah na na nah na across the chamber and bandstanding. Some of the election promises from ALL PARTIES are just verging on the ridiculous at the moment.

Ken Clarke come out saying vote tory or there will have to be another election this year! GOD HELP US!!!

WE MUST HAVE PR !!!

Yes, BRILLIANT!!!

1 Like

No question for me: Labour - I have never felt so strongly in an election before: the ONLY way to get rid of the current government! and yes I know - there are all the coalition talks going on - …really like Nicola Sturgeon but don’t live in Scotland and even there or maybe particularly there: if you want the current government to go please vote Labour!

I’m always quite bemused by the comment from people that they have always voted Labour and always will. They introduced ESA, they introduced the Work Capability Assessment, they introduced Privatisation in the NHS and they support the introduction of PIP. They employed ATOS. They abstained on the bedroom tax vote and have pledged to cut the same as the Tories in the next parliament. They reduced the higher rate of tax and only put it back up in the last 3 weeks of the last government. Anyone would think there must have been an election coming. They abolished the 10p rate of tax for low paid workers and one year gave pensioners a 25p a week increase. They also campaigned against PR. Now, I agree they are a better option than those Tory b****s but let’s not fool ourselves that they are the answer to all our problems. If they are voted in on Thursday nothing will change. We will get the usual guff about the situation being worse than they thought and so they can’t do what they wanted. So, we have no real choices, Tory or Tory light. Having said that I would rather have open heart surgery with a spoon and no anaesthetic than see Cameron’s ae back in Downing Street.

Gosh, what a one eyed view of history you have. I assume you vote SNP to get another neverenum and hope to break up the Union, which is a perfectly legitimate position and wonder why you just don’t say so. It will of course offer Dave his best chance to continue with his warped ideology, but what’s that compared to the ultimate goal of independence.

I vote Labour because I am guided by my conscience, and while far from perfect, they are always significantly better than the alternative in my view.

3 Likes

No, I don’t have a one eyed view of history, I was stating fact. Any of that stuff wrong? I just happened to be commenting on Labours actions. The Tories are a lot worse but that wasn’t the gist of my post. And yes, I support the SNP which apparently makes me into some kind of threat. What I do, and will continue to do, is believe in an independent Scotland. I accept the result last year but does that mean I should give up my beliefs? There will only be another referendum if the majority of Scots want it. That’s democracy. A lot of no voters feel they were betrayed the morning after the vote when Cameron made his EVEL speech on the steps of Downing Street. Add that to the watering down of the “vow” in the Smith report and you get some idea of why there is some resentment up here. Six months ago Cameron and Milliband both said that Scotland should not only remain in the union but should be leading it. Well, we remained in the union, will be taking part in a democratic election, and will return the MP’s we feel will represent us best. And guess what? We are now a threat because we want to lead as requested. And just for the record if I was not an SNP supporter I would be voting for Labour as I have done most of my life. I just feel they have vacated the ground the party was set up to occupy. Up in Scotland that ground has now been taken up by the SNP and therefore I am voting for the same principles I always voted for. I suppose this takes me back to the point of my last post, voting for a particular party because you always have done does not always mean sticking to the principles you first voted for. And you can’t pin the blame on Scottish voters if Labour fail on Thursday, that boat won’t float. As is always being pointed out we are a small percentage of the total. If Labour fail it will be because they failed to convince the vast majority of the UK public. I hope to god they don’t fail.

P.S. I did mention in an earlier post that I voted SNP. Don’t see why I should mention it in every post.

Vote Labour …We might get Gordon Clown back and Tony (Multi Millionaire) Blair back.

Or Ed Millionband who has just bought a £2,000,000 house to save on stamp duty.

mmm…I wonder

Hi Jane,

I did the Google voting thing, very interesting, semi accurate but disturbing in equal measure… fluffyollie xx

We watched NewZoids last night - have not laughed so much for ages. Of course, this satirical puppet show really targeted the election. And the portrayal of Nicola Sturgeon was ace. Almost as funny as the picture l was sent - comparing her with the Krankies’ Jeanette. Fan dabby dozey. Nicola is wearing a red safety helmet and Jeanette is in her schoolboys red cap.

Look it up - it will give you a chuckle. Even Nicola will be ‘amused’.

So that’s where all the missing millions went. No wonder Labour always leave the ‘POT’ empty when they leave.

Not forgetting the enormous pay-outs they gave the ‘Bankers’ who they let fleece us. lf it wasn’t for the stringent measures that this coalition government put in we would be bankrupt -like Greece.