ear worm

Two weeks now of Forever Autumn, Justin Hayward, my own fault I watched Jeff Wayne’s War or the Worlds on YouTube, Catawalling Happy Birthday to myself did nothing, but something else will eventually replace it I’m sure. So long as it’s not a womble song, OH NO. “Underground overground wombling free”

i guess I don’t know when I’m better off!

1 Like

But Forever Autumn is an awesome song. At least it’s not the Laughing Gnome. Now that is one of the very worst ear worms of all. Plus the only Bowie song that I truly hate. And I hope I’ve infected some of you with it. I’m going to listen to WoTW now so I can replace the Laughing Gnome (which I’ve now accidentally put in my head) with Forever Autumn. Or at least the Martians ‘Ulla’ bit. Or maybe just ‘the chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one they said …’

Sue

So sad about Dolores and the song Zombie about us eejits over here still fighting

In your head In your head Eh eh Zombie zombie eh eh What’s in your head Zombie zombie zombie

Don’t think I’d want a zombie anywhere near my head. Yes I do realise it’s a statement on society she’s not commentating on an event in a zombie apocalypse but still I’m just saying on the whole all weighed up I’d rather have a worm in my head than a zombie anywhere near it …

dolores wasn’t one of the walking dead like me!

forever autumn is one of the best songs ever and justin heywood sings it beautifully.

it’s in the same class as wish you were here.

so your starter for ten “we’re just two lost souls living in a fish bowl year after year. running over the same old ground, how we found the same old fears, wish you were here”

i love being this age, i have a massive archive of good tunes in my brain, when the brain allows me to remember them!

have i told you that i’m 60 in october and going to see hawkwind at the lowry!

you can’t keep an old rock chick down!

1 Like

Lol! Carole you’re ace!! You and our other resident rock chick Mrs DC growing old(er) disgracefully !! I fully intend to follow suit x

[quote=“catwomanCarole58”]

have i told you that i’m 60 in october and going to see hawkwind at the lowry!

you can’t keep an old rock chick down!

[/quote] v

give my regards to uber fan Mathew Wright, he talks about em regularly on the Wright Stuff!

Ahem. Slightly younger. However, I count both Forever Autumn and Wish You Were Here as a couple of my favourite ever tracks. And amazingly tonight on the radio I heard The Spirit of Man on the radio. Oh how I do love Phil Lynott. And yes I know he’s dead. But that is my second favourite track from WoTWs.

I love all music. Am a rock chick at heart, and find pop worms a crime.

Sue

1 Like

Won’t work with the welsh national anthem though Cheerful, it’s all welsh & quite catchyxx

Still headbanging lovely until it falls off! xxxx

phil lynott is ace. present tense because his music lives on. in fact all those dear departed musicians live on. after i’m gone the gin will live on! bet tracey is relieved about that. after AD is gone, the brain fog will continue, we’re all immortal in some respect.

1 Like

dollydaydream

did you see matthew wright on stage singing with dave brock.

he sang spirit of the age which i know all the words to and if you say them it sounds like a rap.

"i am a clone, i’m not alone

every fibre of my flesh and bone is identical to the others

everything i say is in the same tone as my test tube brothers voice

there is no choice between us

if you had ever seen us

you’d rejoice in your uniqueness

and consider every weakness something special of your own.

being a clone i have no clause to identify

even this doggerel that flows from my pen

has just been written by another twenty telepathic men

all word for word

it says ‘oh for the wings of any bird other than a battery hen’.

ah dave brock i’ll see you in october.

indeed, the aural equivalent to Baileys !

M

Phil Lynott is indeed ace. One of my very favourite dead musicians. I am sadly collecting quite a lot. As are you I know. But that’s the brilliant thing about music. It never dies.

Sue

And of course, today I am definitely going to be listening to the whole of TWoTW.

sssue

ULLA

say hello to justin (damn his second name escaped me as i was typing!)

bloody brain fog!

ULLA Carole

I just checked what you wrote yesterday (!) and it’s Justin Hayward. (Cos I couldn’t remember either.)

Aren’t brains wonderful things.

I haven’t listened to it today, but it’s still on my list, and tomorrow it’s going to happen, Richard Burton’s lovely voice, the fabulous music, Phil Lynott, David Essex, Julie Covington and all the rest. Not to mention the Martians.

I can’t tell you how much I love it.

Sue

me too sue. i have an idea for a new thread. someone writes a line from a song, next person adds the next line. would you believe i’m sober. ridiculously sober. just using my drink problem as an excuse. i do have a drink problem sometimes. i spill it all down my front. even scalding hot tea.

here goes

“i’m strong, strong enough to carry him…”