Poison Ivy...yy..yy..yy...You sing it I'll hum it...

Remember that song? I’ve had it in my head all day… so thought I’d share it cos I bet you’ve now got it in your head… I’m gonna need an ocean, of calamine lotion… I think it’s called an ear worm is it? When a song’s stuck in your head. Well if so you’ve just caught my ear worm… pass it on… Have a good one everyone, Pat xx :slight_smile:

Oh thanks Pat! Because I’ve spent most of my life involved with music, I’ve had a plethora of ear worms, but poison ivy is particularly persistent-now it’s with me again. What can I say as a gesture of thanks? “I’ll be your long haired lover from Liverpool!”

Steve x

Hi Pat, yes I remember it and will probably have it in my head now all night, strange how you hear a tune and then can’t get rid of it.

Steve your reply did make me chuckle, thanks.

Pam x

Hi Pat, Thanks for that. Steve, the seventies… Now that was a decade to remember. Slade, Mud, Showaddywaddy, Bay City Rollers. Boy did I know how to party!!! Mags xx

Hi Pat, thanks for this - sometimes these ear worms (never heard it called that before) are really annoying, aren’t they. A friend once told me to sing “Happy Birthday” and it would go away. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn’t - but this song is quite nice at the moment. My era is Tamla Motown though - bit earlier than 70’s. But I’m singing along now! Jackie x

Pat, you don’t know ear worms until you’ve been recording then mixing the same song for a week! Arrgghhh!!!

Just for you Pat http://disableddon.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/poison-ivy.html

little flower aint I??

Now get it out of your head

Heeee heee or

Kev maybe you should have done it right the first time, just a thought.

[quote=“hoppity”]

Kev maybe you should have done it right the first time, just a thought.

[/quote] I always get it right. It’s when someone else messes up :slight_smile:

[quote=“hoppity”]

Just for you Pat http://disableddon.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/poison-ivy.html

little flower aint I??

Now get it out of your head

Heeee heee or

[/quote] Thanks Don! Didn’t see it till today so now I’ve got it in my head again! But I love the Coasters & I like the Lambrettas singing it. Was a bit of a Mod back in the day. Pat xx

I have now got the one stuck in my head that goes…mares eat oats and does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy…not sure that is correct but I guess the older ones amongst us will know what I am on about!! Nina

[quote=“Ninagrace7”] I have now got the one stuck in my head that goes…mares eat oats and does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy…not sure that is correct but I guess the older ones amongst us will know what I am on about!! Nina [/quote] That’s right, Nina. They don’t write 'em like that any more! Mairzy doats and dozy doats And liddle lamzy divey A kiddley divey too, wouldn’t you? Yes! Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey A kiddley divey too, wouldn’t you? If the words sound queer And funny to your ear, A little bit jumbled and jivey Sing “Mares eat oats And does eat oats And little lambs eat ivy” Oh! Mairzy doats and dozy doats And liddle lamzy divey A kiddley divey too, wouldn’t you? A kiddley divey too, wouldn’t you?

Jeb can you imagine sitting down to write that? I only had a little experience of lyric writing me thinks they was drunk.