Downton!!!

The countdown is on fellow fans. New series of 8 starts 9pm tonight!

Apparently Lady Mary is ready to fall in love again… but who with?

Pat xx

2 Likes

Can’t wait Pat, been looking forward to this all week. I also like the look of the programme on BBC at the same time, so have set that to record, as it will be good to look forward to when there is nowt on.

Hope all is good for you today. I am having a “chair” day, had an awful night, but am determined to be awake for Downtown Abbey.

Pam x

1 Like

Ah Pam you must rest up for Downton!

I’m not feeling too bad… although slept 12 hours last night!

Hope you feel better and sleep better tonight.

Pat xx

1 Like

Woo Hoo cant wait,love Downton been looking forward to it all week

J x

1 Like

I feel the same way towards Downton as I do towards Marmite, Speed Cameras, Airport Security and Going to the Dentist. So, with the greatest respect and in the spirit of ‘each to their own’, I bid you all happy watching this evening, but come 9pm I shall be curled up in bed with good book about macro economics instead.

2 Likes

Hi all,

My favourite is Lady Violet ( Maggie Smith) she always has the perfect put down.

Mags xx

1 Like

Love Downton too. Watched My Girl on BBC tonight then Downtown tomorrow morning when I’m less exhausted. This daily 50 mile trip to hospital and back for my dad is killing me. But hey ho, such is life and I’d do anything for him xx

1 Like

Hope it was OK I don’t do Downton but the Village was good and the Zoo I am loving it and Pinkie Blinders I can’t wait.

1 Like

Loved it.

Won’t say more as don’t want to ruin it for those who have recorded it.

Chilly and sunny here today… autumn most definitely here…

Pat xx

1 Like

I’m with CP about Downton. Quite enjoyed the first series, and looked forward to series 2 when WW1 started but began to lose faith when Matthew and his batman were ‘lost behind German lines’ having first somehow managed to pass magically through the first, second, third and support lines, and then been caught wandering around in what looked suspiciously like Surrey or somewhere.

I then exploded with derision and laughter when Matthew, having been paralysed through spinal damage or something, leapt out of his wheelchair and the very next day was walking around normally, with no visible signs of muscle atrophy. I’m sorry, but despite Dame Maggie’s superb portrayal of the old bird, I cannot watch it now.

I’m also with Don about the Village, although I’m a bit worried that is beginning to head in a Downton-like down-turn.

I’ve been enjoying the 1st World War nursing thing. Some attempt at realism there.

1 Like