Does this sound about right ?

Cody

I had to wait two months (untill my next neuro appointment) for my LP results. Even then when I was told that the results were positive for O bands, I still wasn’t given a DX of MS.

I was told by my neuro that after my MRI results showing lesions, if my LP came back positive (I originally declined LP as was scared to have one) then a DX would be given. My current neuro seems to go against his word and I am still in limbo waiting for a second disabling MS attack before he diagnoses me.

Even if your results come back posisitve for O bands you may not get the diagnosis. I believe it all comes down to the NHS trust you are under, money and incompetence.

Try to relax, enjoy the finer things in life and try not to worry. Life without stress is 10 x better. You will get your answers eventually, it will just take time.

Good luck though.

Your welcome Cody. If it was me though…because I’m like a dog with a bone lol. I would be pointing out to PALS, that according to the NICE guidelines all potential MS patients should only have to wait six weeks for results/ appointments…this is to reduce anxiety. Ask PALS to Contact Neuro and request your LP results in writing for you. They sorted out a different Neuro foe me so a letter should be simple. X

I wish I’d known about that 6 weeks 18 months ago when I was trying to get an appointment with my then-neuro to get the results of the MRI he’d ordered! It was 6 months in the end from me having the MRI to seeing the neuro and every time I rang his secretary she had a different excuse for why I hadn’t had an appointment. If I’d known about this then I’d have contacted PALS and got them on the case.

As it was, I ditched him as my neuro and asked my GP to refer me to another one - and 6 months or so after I first saw him, I got a diagnosis - not that I wanted to have MS, but at least I got answers.

Good luck Cody.