Does anyone else suffer from really bad depression

Recently been diagnosed and have really bad depression. Feel like I can’t talk to my friends and family about things. Anyone feel the same x

Hi Lorna,

I hear this so often. You get the biggest piece of news you’re ever had and then they cast you off without a goodbye. This is quite common and a lot of people don’t get the help and support they need when they need it.

Have you spoken to your GP about the depression? A lot of people with MS, including me, are on antidepressant tablets.

Something else you could try is to phone the MS Society on 0808 800 8000. Ask them if they can help you, explain to your friends and family, what you are having to deal with. There are a lot of leaflets that might help.

Everyone needs help with this because it’s such a complicated disease. There are no easy answers and no quick solutions. It’s like we’re all trying to find a light switch in the dark.

There is one bit of good news and that is that you’ve found this Forum. There is a huge range of experience among our contributors. Whatever you are having to cope with there’s always someone who will understand.

Come back soon,

Anthony