Depression

After all I’ve had thrown at me this year, I feel depression has started to sink in.

I can’t be bothered to do anything and am just really tired all the time. I know the answer to beat this is do something active but I really can’t be bothered. I go to physio once a week and get exercises to do at home but they’re too much of an effort. I plan on putting an end to these appointments.

I’m struggling to cope since my ex left me and feel she hasn’t considered the seriousness of my disability but as long as she’s happy with her new bloke, that’s all that matters.

I fear I’ll have to admit this to my GP and I’ll end up being prescribed pick me ups.

aw bless you, if the doctor does give you anti-depressants it’s because you need them to help you thru this. I’ve taken them in the past and I look back now and think maybe ms held back til it knew I could handle it, I cerainly don’t think I could have coped back then.

It’s not easy what you’ve been thru and having ms on top makes it so much harder :frowning: Please do see your doctor, there’s nothing wrong with admitting depression or getting a bit of help, you deserve it and you certainly don’t deserve to feel like this. Depression hits your coping mechanisms hardest, perhaps when you feel a bit stronger you can start to move on?

Take care and remember this, you will find a life you can enjoy again, it just might not look like the one you were expecting :wink:

Sonia xx

hugs Sorry, I missed that! x

Mr G, Sonia’s right, there’s no shame in admitting you need help. At least you’ve realised that yourself and know what you need to do. You have been through a lot even for someone who’s well so you may well be right. Please don’t stop your physio appointments, they might help maintain your mobility but also give you some reason to get out somewhere other than work where you’re faced with your ex.

Your gp will only prescribe a pick me up if he thinks you need it. Please take care, try to do something you enjoy, get out and do some Christmas shopping or visit the family and see your gp as soon as you can. Remember we’re all here and let us know how you get on.

Cath xx

Thinking of you Mr G.

Sorry I’m not up to longer post today… but keep remembering this too will pass.

Also, as I know from experience, the first step to recovering from depression is admitting to yourself that you are depressed. Things will turn around… just wait and see.

Pat x

Pat is right Mr G, admitting it means you have taken the first step to improvement. Best to have a word with the gp and accept any help that is offered.

It will get better (((((hugs))))

Pam x

Pat is right Mr G, admitting it means you have taken the first step to improvement. Best to have a word with the gp and accept any help that is offered.

Pam x

Pam x

Pam x

Sorry, this b++++y ms tremor, I thought I had only pressed the post button once!

Pam x

No worries sweetheart… it really was good enough to say more than once.

Pat x

I went to the doctors and said doctor doctor I feel like I am a pair of curtains he told me to pull myself togeter… boom boom. I take antidepressants every day and cant cope with out them I am not addicted but I get strange thoughts if I dont have them. I would say to go see your GP, you have a lot on your plate and the little bit of help a tiny pill will give you will be a BIGG BIG hellp

Interesting.

I am in my early 40s (just!) have two young children to support, a wife who works full time, a business that is struggling, elderly parents a long way away who are getting frail and having health scares, a dwindling pension pot…and PPMS.

Heck, I’m sure I’m depressed by default based on above. So long as I can keep my sense of humour then all is well.

Cue Monty Python anthem-very timely!

Ahh mr G, the others are right …you really must talk to your Dr, you’ve had so much to contend with recently …it’s not surprising it has all become too much for you to cope with. As everyone has said …so many of us, me included, take anti depressants and there is absolutely no shame in it. They just give you the added strength to push yourself back into gear. Wishing you well, thinking if you and sending a very big hug. Nina x PS any more news on the house swap idea?

Been to the GP today and got anti-depressants. Where would I be without you friends? Didn’t intend turning the waterworks on but that is what I did. It was the same doc who refered me to hospital to get my dx and he remembered me. He was gobsmacked when I told him I’d been dumped for someone else after 18 years together. My neighbours have never mentioned the house swap again so I presume it’s a no go. Doc said it will be at least 2 weeks before the medication has any effect so I’ll remain grumpy for now. Thanks to my BFFs on t’interweb.

Ah Mr G I always burst into tears when I have to talk about anything like that. One time the doctor said ‘How are you?’ and I burst into tears.

I know it’s harder for a man but believe me the doctor will have seen it all before.

When you’re feeling better, why not go over and have a word with the neighbours? They may have changed their minds but no harm in asking… also, as they are on the market they might just meet someone looking for a bungalow so won’t hurt to keep communication open.

Hang on in there for the two weeks… then we might have to change your profile name to Mr. Happy!!!

Thinking of you hon,

Pat x

I’m so glad you went to the doctor’s, after that amount of time together you’de have to be completely inhuman not to feel something! As for you internet friends (or as my husband calls them, my imaginery friends!) They arer often such good support as they’re not the day to day friends so aren’t inclined to overlook bits and bobs, we react purely to what we see is written.

I personally don’t think that’s a bad thing, as someone that loved an american band and joined the fanclub etc. so I’ve been using internet forums for a long time and have made some very good friends thru that… so I’m actually not too dismissive of the fact we don’t know each other - yes. I know there are some freaks out there but I genuinely believe they’re not liklely to be here in the main, cos how many could really know what MS feels like?

Sorry, waffling now! Really glad you did see your doctor and really hope in a few weeks time, you’ll at least see a glimmer of light, it is there and there are people that care about you :slight_smile: and there’s some of us that can only tell you that we have have thought of you and have been saddened to hear what you’re going thru.

So, it’s a cyber one but…hugs

Sonia xx

Well done Mr G! I know it’s hard to go to the doctors with depression but they do understand and the fact that you cried is nothing to worry about …it just shows them that your depression really needs attention. Sorry no more news about the house swap…such a shame it sounded perfect for you. Maybe you could buy a small bunch of flowers or a bottle of wine and use it as an excuse to go round and have another chat with them? The very least they should do is to keep you informed of their decisions. Keep your chin up whilst the meds are taking effect then hopefully in a couple of weeks you’ll be Mr Happy :-)) Thinking of you and wishing you all the very best, Nina xx

Good for you Mr G, and please dont worry about the tears, you are not the first, and you certainly wont be the last.

Yesterday the ot came to see me, and before I knew what was happpening, I was blubbing for England.

Hang in there.

Pam x

Hi there,0ne and all,

So,so glad you have been to the docs. There is no shame in crying.Now your on the meds, its a start for you. We are all with you!! Theres some blumin good people on here. They got me through a very black time in my life a while back. What ever rocks your boat and the time is right get out there, Who knows what the future holds.

Good Luck,

Jane.