For the last 2 months I have been having awful pain in my cheek/jaw. I have been to the Dental Hospital and was told it was TMD (TMJ), all the symptoms seemed exactly how I had been feeling.
I went to see a consultant a week later and he said it was Trigeminal Neuralgia, I do not think I match many of the symptoms. I get a dull ache, I can touch the areas of the muscle that hurt me and my doctor believes it could be TMJ too. I am waiting on another MRI and another consultant.
I was originally given Carbamazepine but I had to come off them as they made me very ill and ended up getting a rash.
I have since been reading and read that Magnesium can help with TMJ as I believe it is that. I have been taking 800mg just before bed, since this my tiredness when I wake has been awful, I have been unable to wake before 9am in week’s.
Do you know if I should reduce the amount I am taking or split it in the morning and evening?
I suffer from bad fatigue anyway so I do not want to take it if it is going to make the mornings awful. I have had to miss work today as I was unable to wake before lunch and do anything productive.
I take the following each day so you can see what I am putting in my body!
Morning as soon as I wake up
- 4.5ml LDN (Helped with walking and continued it)
- Vitamin D (5,000 IU)
- Tecfidera 240mg
- Busy B with Vit C-500mg (Helps with Immune system, when I stop this I get thrush on my tongue)
- Ferrous Fumarate 210mg (Help fatigue)
- Provigil/Modafinil 200 (300mg if very tired or a busy day ahead)
An hour or so after all these pills
- Calcium 500mg (Taking this as read need twice as much calcium when taking Magnesium)
- 500mg Calcium (If I remember, very bad for remembering this pill)
- Tecfidera 240mg
- Antatctic Krill
- 800mg Magnesium Citrate
I know this is a lot to take, a lot is from research and been told to take as low on my bloods.