deep vibration in groin / backside

Hey guys,

I started getting this a few days ago; its a deep vibration in my groin area / backside. Pulses on and off - i.e. happens every 2-3 seconds for a second or two.

If I sit still for a while, it’ll cease - but after I get up to walk around - triggers again. Similar buzz I got from lhermittes but I dont flex my neck to trigger this.

Anyone else?

Hi, I also get the buzzing in my groin. It comes and goes, sometimes it lasts for weeks other times a few hours. I always find myself checking for my phone thinking its on vibrate lol. Hope it clears up quickly as I know how annoying it can be!! X

Hi, I also get the buzzing in my groin. It comes and goes, sometimes it lasts for weeks other times a few hours. I always find myself checking for my phone thinking its on vibrate lol. Hope it clears up quickly as I know how annoying it can be!! X

Hi,

Buzzing - anywhere - is a common symptom of MS.

Although, if you are undiagnosed, it doesn’t necessarily indicate that’s what you have of course. I’m sure it’s not the only thing capable of causing these symptoms, but does suggest some sort of nerve problem.

Tina

@Anitra

Yeh - I have had my B12 levels checked 3 times now … 3 times I got normal.

Since I’m a vegetarian, I take daily vitamin pills - which has the 100% recommended daily allowance of B12 - but Neuro wants me to take 1mg a day now… Neuro also told me not to tell GP of the new advice - as he doesnt want my GP calling him and giving off (since I passed the B12 levels… 3 times)

Isn’t it a pain when GP & neuro don’t see eye-to-eye, and you get caught in the middle?

My neuro didn’t like how much baclofen I was taking (3 x 20mg per day) and told me to cut down. GP (who knows me slightly better) said: “But you are VERY conservative with meds - you wouldn’t take them if you didn’t need to! Ignore him!”

So I was stuck piggy-in-the-middle.

I’ve now reached the point where the 3 x 20 isn’t working, and am speaking to the GP about it on Thursday. Wonder if she’ll suggest something else, or to raise it again, which will give the neuro some kind of fit!

Tina

Indeed - I’ll do what the Neuro suggested…

Its only got positives…

1. I raise my B12 levels and all is resolved - great!

2. I raise my B12 levels and no difference - not that - lets focus elsewhere - great!

I don’t think it’s very easy to OD on B12 anyway. I’m not sure if it’s toxic in excessive amounts, but I never heard that anyone got ill from taking a bit more than strictly necessary.

Not only can the symptoms be confused with MS, but a lot of people with MS are B12-deficient anyway. Nobody knows if it’s cause or effect.

I don’t see how the neuro’s advice can harm you, and the only reason the GP’s likely to be upset is being contradicted - not because it’s dangerous.

Tina

just wondering…

the fact that it seems to settle after I have been stationary for a while and tends to be triggered after I walk for a few minutes… that it may have nothing to do with all this auto-immune business.

google says trapped nerve in the back is a common cause.

Sorry, don’t get your hopes up. MS symptoms are often exacerbated by exertion. And yes, even something as straightforward as walking can count as exertion. Tina