Could it be another relapse?

Hi anon, You are having a really rough time of it at the moment. Wishing you Qa speedy recovery, Al the best, Orchid x

Hi Anon I really hope things are starting to improve for you now, it’s never easy:( . Re the incontinence, try not to let it get to you, I was incontinent for 18 months then all seemed to return to normal & for the last year I’ve gone the other way needing to self catheterise & use a perks teen for my bowels so don’t worry it may be an odd occasion thing or just short term but whichever you will cope. It’s been my hardest symptom to deal with as far as my marriage and embarrassment and at first I asked hubby if he wanted to leave me but thankfully he told me not to be stupid and we are still together. It’s hard letting people in but if you have friends who want to help then let them. Keep your chin up. Take care of yourself & relax as much as you can

Hi everyone I’m still in hospital. Recovery is painfully slow. I don’t know if ill ever be better. Hard to keep positive. Miss my family. I have had to tell a few people about my diagnosis now and they are all being so nice but I don’t want pity. To think this all happened because of a small cold… Thanks.

Yes it took a few days to get me a bed and admitted. Had iv steroids for 5 days now on oral. Have a few other medical issues which complicate me more than most. Needing some other medications. Physio are lovely. Need some extra TLC as one of the nurses said. Hadn’t seen the baby yet. Tomorrow maybe… I’m just a bit fed up…

Hi Anon

Sometimes colds aren’t a small thing for us MSers. I had one recently which went straight to my legs . It all depends on whether my MS is playing up already or not. If all is going well then a common cold is just that - but if it’s a bad year (like this one) then a cold means I’ll be struggling to walk for at least a few days.

I really hope you see some improvement soon and can have some really good cuddles with baby. In the meantime, take advantage of the complete rest and 3 square meals a day that you haven’t had to prepare yourself.

Tracey xx

Hi Anon Sorry you’re experiencing some very scary symptoms. I hope the steroids start to have an effect soon. That cuddle with your baby will be more than worth the wait Jane xx

Hello Anon. Sorry to hear your still in hospital and not feeling much better. Give it a few more days for the antibiotics to kick in, I’m sure things will start to improve soon. I know it must be hard for you to stay positive at the moment but hopefully if you see your baby tomorrow for a cuddle that will cheer you up…put a smile on your face. I’m glad you’ve now told a few people. I don’t for one minute think they will be pitying you so don’t worry yourself about that. They care about you and will want to help…besides letting someone do a good deed helps them feel good. Take care, lots of hugs, Noreen

Hi friends I’m home at last … But at an all time low. I can’t stop crying. I can’t get out of bed with pain and dizziness. I am in constant pain and nothing helps. They have given me so many pain killers but nothing is hitting the severe back pain. Neuro said its a new lesion causing it. Is this my life now? I’m sorry but nobody else understands.

Hello anon. Sorry your in so much pain…wish I could take it away. This is not your life now, they just have to find the right pain control for you…I hope they are going to review your pain. Whats happening??

Hello again anon. I’m going off line soon but back later. If your still in pain then your husband needs to ring a doctor to come out and give you an injection for the pain if its really bad. I’m a qualified nurse and worked in palliative care…there is no excuse for anyone to be in severe discomfort or pain with todays modern treatments. Take care, hope you get relief soon, Noreen.

Thanks so much for the advice Noreen and Jennifer, I had to get my poor mum to contact doctors for me. Now she is so worried which i didnt want. They have started me on a special type of pain patch and some oral tablets which I’m afraid to take as they are like morphine. I am so dizzy too. The only thing the steroids helped was the eye pain and vision but it even seems worse again today. The painkillers for my chest/back are helping it though. I feel so low and pathetic. I’m only young. I shouldn’t have to have my mother calling doctors for me or minding my baby as I can’t even change a nappy. I’m not even able to have my baby come near me as the slightest touch makes the pain much worse. I can’t lift her or anything either. I suppose this is the symptom known “affectionately” as the hug but this seems like a dramatic version of it. I can deal with pain. Iv come through alot of other things in my life up to this and iv never been as bad as this. We had never had to call the doctor until a few weeks agono matter how bad things got. I feel everything is spiralling out of control. Seeing neuro in 2-3 weeks again but was told to contact sooner if there was an emergency. This isn’t an emergency but the pain is 9-10/10 as that hospital scale goes…

Hello anon. You can’t stop your mum worrying. I’m a mum, its what we do so stop beating yourself up…thats an order Take the tablets anon they will help, its not forever, just to get you through this bad patch. Morphine type medication can make you dizzy so just take it easy, they can also make you feel a bit nauseous so try and eat something little and often. You must stop calling yourself pathetic…your not…your just in a bad place at the moment but you will get better. Why shouldn’t your mum look after her grandchild? its the most natural thing in the world surely? Relax anon and let the medication work, getting stressed will just delay the healing. Allow the people who love you to help…in a few days things will start to look better. Lots of hugs

Am praying for a speedy recovery for you. Wish I could say or do something that could help… You seem a very strong person, please stay strong & positive.

Hello anon. How are you feeling today. Is the medication helping the pain? I hope your relaxing and letting your lovely mum enjoy helping. Take it easy. Noreen :smiley:

Hi The pain killers help but Im not really feeling myself on them. I’m quite woozy and unsteady. Pain just about controlled also so I know I need them… Finding it so hard to accept the help that I desperately need. I’m very irritable and cross with the people who care - that’s why I didn’t want to tell them anything. I hate being treated like someone who is sick. But the problem is this time I’m so unwell I need help. I sound like nothing pleases me don’t I? At least I got a few hours pain free sleep last night…

Hello anon. Just noticed your message. Glad to hear the medication is working…I’m afraid it will make you feel a bit whoosy but its not forever. You will have to get past this feeling of not wanting too accept help anon. Your family love you and want to help you. They will understand why your irritable, we all get like that when were not well so relax and go with the flow. The fact that your getting more sleep will really help…the body gets a chance to heal quicker during sleep. Be a good patient anon…the quicker your better…the quicker you get your independence back. In the mean time don’t take away the pleasure your family are getting from looking after you. Lots of gentle hugs, Noreen

I feel I’m getting nowhere. If I don’t take the morphine type painkiller I’m in agony- if take them I’m so dizzy and weak I’m no good to anyone. To make things worse work have started to hassle me about when I’ll be going back!!! I can’t make it to bathroom let alone work these days. I was running 5-10k a few times a week, full time job, mum to a baby, studying for exams all a few months ago. Now I’m a dribbling mess… I don’t mean to keep moaning :frowning: Thanks so much for asking Jen. I know you are going through your own relapse right now. xxx

Hello anon. I’m afraid its going to take a few days to get on top of your pain control. If you think things aren’t improving you can request a visit from your gp to review things. Forget about work, get your husband or a family member to give them a ring and explain how unwell you are. I know your feeling frustrated and irritable about life at the moment but try and concentrate on getting well and building up your strengh. I wish I could wave a magic wand and make it all better but I’m afraid I can’t. Please take it easy and try and let people help you. Noreen xxx

Thanks Noreen xxx