Confined to Barracks

I am stuck upstairs confined to my bedroom sitting here typing this sitting on my comode having to use it as a chair. I am having to do this as we are having new flooring laid, my electric wheelchair has ripped up the carpets and we are having vinyl wood effect tiles laid. At the moment the floors have been covered in plywood The tiles go down tomorrow.I am up early tomorrow as I see the urologist to get the results of the scan and find out about the blood in my urine hopefully by the time we get back from the appointment some of the flooring will be done. I have only been living in the bedroom for a few days and am going stir crazy already.

Know how you feel. We’re having the downstairs loo refurbished and made wheelchair accessible, so it’s been out of order since Wednesday. Have to go upstairs now to the loo, which can be a 30 minute round trip. Roll on Friday! Heather

Oh dear, I’m sure once the flooring is down you’ll get back to some semblance of normality (if anything can be called normal in our condition). Is there anything else you can do? It’s quite frustrating knowing that you’ll get sorted in time-a bit like waiting at a bus stop for a couple of days knowing it will eventually arrive. I had to go into hospital once as an emergency. It turned out that it was heat exhaustion (and not a stroke) but would they listen to me? No I had to stay overnight anticipating a completely sleepless affair in a baking ward. I was right-no sleep and a herculean test of patience. Best wishes, Steve.

Hi, I had to stay in my bedroom for almost 2 weeks whilst a new wet room was being installed. But I could get outside as we live in a bungalow. it was worth the wait, as im sure yours will be.

I damage our carpets too, with my wheelie and wanted wood floors, but hubby didnt. Our last carpet is a flat weave…on been down since Oct. looking ok tho`.

luv Polx

Pol we are having vinyl wood effect boards laid you can see them here http://disableddon.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/confined-to-bedroom.html I love it I am now able to get downstairs the front room is the kast room to be done maybe finished tomorrow. This stuff is very hardwaring and looks beautiful I will post a picture on my blog when I ever find the camera.I know I had one before the house was turned upside down.

Pol we are having vinyl wood effect boards laid you can see them here http://disableddon.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/confined-to-bedroom.html I love it I am now able to get downstairs the front room is the kast room to be done maybe finished tomorrow. This stuff is very hardwaring and looks beautiful I will post a picture on my blog when I ever find the camera.I know I had one before the house was turned upside down.