Clothing

Hi again

I went shopping on Saturday with my boyfriend who is a bit nervous when he’s driving. We went to a shopping park that has parking in the centre and shops around the outside. But he insisted on parking right in the middle which wasn’t handy for anything. I like to drive right around get my bearings and move the car in between shops. But it was very busy Saturday and he wouldn’t move the car for fear of not finding a place.

I had horrible symptoms in 1st shop and it just got worse and worse. Had to keep sitting down on benches.

Shoe shops are great instant seat and people come up to you sometimes with tablets they can show you products on. They bring the shoes to you and take them away again. I can nearly always manage this type of shopping.

Clothes shops were much harder. I nearly gave up, I brought my tablet with my online shopping list to help me find what I was after but in store the clothes were different. They were pictures on walls or in the widows of models in whole outfits but I couldn’t find them in the actual shop. I couldn’t really find a whole outfit of any sort easily.

I was after a biker look jacket to spend up £50 on you know classic look, cool to warm weather, good for day and night out look. Last a few years and suits my quite punky taste. I went into NEXT thinking too dear and it was all a bit well- carol voderman for my tastes. So I showed my list to assistant who got me the manager sat me down and ordered loads of stuff on this warehouse service they do the van comes every hour and drops stuff in store. The jacket of my dreams arrived an hour later. I’m made up. Plus they do the same service to your door not ever hour of course but next day and there is a charge. Also they do a shopper service for disabled people? Not sure about what it entails but a person physically shops for you.

Next is way too expensive for my current budget and I hate the thought of influencing people to use a particular shop, but what other stores do things like this and how do you find out about it?

Thanks guys.

Fiona x

dead chuffed for you fiona

the jacket of your dreams and a fab hairdo too!

well done

carole x

Cheers carole

I have had such a difficult time trying to sort out my wardrobe and I’ve still got nothing to wear but I have learnt so much about what it is like to try and have life while having horrendous symptoms. I’m compiling a survival plan really to help me feel positive towards the ups and downs that life throws at me. So that I can salvage a small victory out of everyday. Change what you can- live with what you can’t it’s all anyone can do i suppose.

I am sat in my jogging bottoms - there so comfy:) but today I’m gonna apply for a blue badge!! The next step to dealing with that wardrobe monster for good.

Wish me luck guys

Have a happy day

Fiona xx

I have to be smartly dressed for work, and whilst I am grateful that I am still able to work and do other things, getting clothes that are (a) relatively easy to put on/take off (b) comfortable and (c) are smart enough for the office can be a challenge. Ebay to the rescue. I also trawl my local charity shops from time to time - many a bargain obtained there. Best so far - Great Plains trousers, brand new with the original store’s label still attached for £3. I try things out, if they work - they’re mine, if not they are cleaned and donated back to the charity shops.

RaInwear for wheelchair user that does not resemble a body bag. Any suggestions?

I have been working for a company for some time where the uniform is mandatory. At first, I didn’t understand what the tip was, but you became more responsible. Honestly, I didn’t know that it was so hard to form an outfit from the clothes you have, to be for work, but to be able to go out with the girls after dinner. And you know what, I found something that can help us solve this problem.

Yes, my neighbor also now prefers a looser but longer dress. It’s convenient for her and that’s the most important thing. I’m thinking of giving her a gift card for her birthday so she can choose something for herself and buy