Circulation

Hi

When my M.S. Nurse made a home visit she said she didn’t like the colour of my toes and feet, the upshot was she spoke to my GP who arranged for me to be seen by a Vascular Consultant. I went yesterday and now have to have a scan of my legs and stomach, I had a Doplar Test done yesterday and the Consultant wasn’t very impressed with the result. My question is has anyone else had anything like this and if so what was the outcome??

I have the added problem of having Inflammatory Rheumatoid Arthritis and taking DMARDS drug Leflunomide.

Hi

Funny you should mention toes - colour bad on my right toes and both feet are always cold as ice. I’m being told it’s chilblains!! I would be very interested in ‘your’ outcome, how much fun is Progressive MS? Take care, M

Hi My right side is the most affected and my right foot looks like a dead persons foot, it is navy blue/purple if it’s been down. When I have it elevated the colour improves slightly and it is freezing cold. During the night it often becomes red hot and lookd like it’s been boiled ( nice thought). I had a dopler done about 8 years ago and they said the circulation was OK so I don’t know why it does this, Just ppms.

Lynne xx

Hi Lynne

Just ppms! You described my feet to a tee or toe? what a bloody life, the things we HAVE to put up with… I manage positive most of the time BUT sometimes…

Hope everyone has a good weekendTake care, M

Hi All

Thanks for your replies, yes, my feet/toes are purple and freezing cold all the time. I know it’s the wrong thing to say but I’m glad to know I’m not alone with this problem. The Consultant told me I must wear warm socks all the time to try and keep my feet warm.

Sylvia

Hi,

About a year ago I had the same problem and decided to do something about it. I phoned my son, a GP, and told him about my purple toes on my left foot. He was sure that it was nothing to worry about but I should let my GP check it out. I phoned my GP and she was sure that it was nothing to worry about but I should drop in and see the locum that was taking over from her that evening. I dropped in to see him and he was sure that it was nothing to worry about but could I pop into the local Royal Infirmary to see a consultant. The next day I did and he was sure that it was nothing to worry about but he’d like to run some tests. I stayed in overnight.

After the tests the next day, the consultant told me that I had acrocyanosis and that it was nothing to worry about, it just looked bad. He had been put off since it is usually seen on both sides of the body and I only had it on my left foot. I now have a slight blueness on the toes of my right foot.

Well before this I had bought a Circulation Booster, which sends electric currents through both feet and ankles, because I had swollen ankles. The ankles are not swollen any more but I do still have purple toes. I don’t know whether the Booster is responsible or not. Best of luck and remember that it is nothing to worry about

Rob

Sorry, I forgot to mention my freezing cold feet and, by the way, acrocyanosis means blueness on the periphery. Blue/purple toes seems to fit.

Rob

I’m ‘blessed’ with freezing/boiling ‘MS feet’ too! My left foot also has the joy of being swollen enough not to be able to wear a slipper and the extensor muscle feels raw and painful making me flinch. Not to be outdone my right ankle has an ulcer which is proving difficult to repair. All MS and circulation related of course and I’m having a dopla test on Thursday too. I passed the last one a few years ago during a previous ulceration, but I’ve progressed nicely since then…

Stephen

Hi all

I’ve been taking circulation boosters for the last year and have noticed a real improvement. Dr’s Best Deep vein support are the best I’ve found… Quite reasonable from iHerb.com. I tried them for 3 months first to see if they made a difference.

Cheers

Ian

PS. still have swollen ankles due to being in a chair but freezing feet no longer a problem.

Hi guys

What next? When does the fun start? At least it’s nothing to worry about!! Progressive MS and freezing cold feet, I probably should not say this (so you know I am going to) I once saw a podiatrist to check my feet but there was nothing to worry about so she massaged my feet. For the first time in years they (my feet, incase you have lost the thread) felt wonderful, here’s the shocker it was better than sex. Sorry guys I realise it’s early in the morning but it was, what is sex any way?Take care, M

[quote=“IanC”]

Hi all

I’ve been taking circulation boosters for the last year and have noticed a real improvement. Dr’s Best Deep vein support are the best I’ve found… Quite reasonable from iHerb.com. I tried them for 3 months first to see if they made a difference.

Cheers

Ian

PS. still have swollen ankles due to being in a chair but freezing feet no longer a problem.

[/quote] I always have freezing cold feet and would be interested in circulation boosters. Excuse my ignorance but what are they? I’ve not heard about them before. Teresa xx

Hi Teresa

They’re essentally a group of supplements that help strengthen the blood vessels so blood flow is improved. I’ve never been convinced by CCSVI (the latestfad I think) but thought improving my circulation can’t be a bad thing. My feet are by no means perfect but certainly not frozen, and they’ve also reduced my fatigue a bit.

I’ve included a link which might help (I think Diosmin is the key ingredient) but have a look around.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Ian

And here’s the link!

http://www.iherb.com/Doctor-s-Best-Best-Vein-Support-with-DiosVein-60-Veggie-Caps/12422?at=0

Ian

Thanks so much Ian, Teresa xx

Seems to be a PPMS thing!

Left foor has been replaced by ‘frozen leg of lamb’ at times (in fact come to think of it, the frozen leg of lamb is WARMER than my fooot!!!

Hubby has tried everything - rubbing it, wrapping it in fleece, putting it onto his warm tummy (now that is dedication), when we had a bath I could get some life back in it by laying in a hot bath, etc etc. it just takes its own time in returning to life. Ask my consultant and he listened with a stethoscope and said the circulation was ok so like they all say IT’S NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT but I just wish I could find a quick way of getting it warm as it is extremely painful.

Good luck Ann

Is it just your feet or with your hands aswell?

My hands are often as cold as my feet but in the evenings often get really hot and are red in colour.

Just wondered if anyone is the same.

Sarah x

Hi Sarah, no just my left foot at present, started with just the foot but progressed to up to the knee, Yes I can get periods when it gets hot but not so frequently.

It’s a mad game this MS one, I just wish whoever invented it would stop changing the rules (almost as good as our politicians!)

Ann