Central Heating

I am looking for a wee bit of advise. My central heating boiler has broken down & cannot be repaired. I was wondering if there are any grants available to help with the cost of buying a new one. I have been diagnosed since 2009 & really have problems with feeling the cold, to be honest my hands, legs & feet are always freezing cold. Any advise would be very appreciated with Winter in full swing now I really need my boiler replaced. Thank You.

Hello islandeye. Sorry to hear your boilers broken down…its not nice feeling cold. I too always have cold hands and feet, summer and winter. Why don’t you take a look on the government website and see if you can find any info. There was warm front, but they finished january this year I’m afraid. You could try ringing the ms helpline, they may be able to give you some advice. Or ring your local council services. Good luck! let me know how you get on.

I’m sure there are loads of grants available for the replacement of CH boilers. However they probably vary in terms of how much you need to pay in and what kind of service you get.

If nothing else this should bump you back to the front page where someone else can advise you who has had experience of such schemes

Tracey x


I would get in touch with your local authority, it maybe this would come under the disabled facilities grant.

Fingers crossed for you.

Pam x

Just google - replacement CH boiler grants - for disabled.

Thank you all for your replies. I googled boiler grants done the online assesment & it showed that I would be eligible for help for a new gas boiler. Unfortunately I live in a rural location & mains gas is 10 miles away so need an oil boiler. I called up the helpline number shown & help is only available for mains gas only :frowning: I have never been in receipt of any disability benefits, even when I was off work for 8 months with my 1st relapse so dont think I would qualify for a disabled grant. There was a Green Deal grant worth £400 but I have to get an approved Green Deal company to carry out a property assesment which can cost between £100 - £300. I stay on a Scottish island so the adviser thought it could be up to £300 to get my assesment done. I will give the MS helpline a wee phone. Thank you all.